Base and Rings suggestions so many choices...so little time

Went with Ken Farrell. Spent some time on the phone with him. Great guy, knows his stuff and no lapping. It aint cheap but from the comments here, with others and my conversation with Ken I'd rather have bulletproof. Thanks for all the input guys, appreciate it.
You will have a bulletproof base/ring setup.

For those who think that quality bases and rings don’t matter, I will strongly disagree. I used some cheap Weaver quad locks or the classics for years because I had the mentality that it didn’t matter, and they were cheap and available. I have since had two sets break on me, and not due to any real abuse. One of these ruined a hunt for me.

I still don’t buy top of the line bases and rings (I don’t fault anyone who does), but I’ll definitely pay for some higher quality Weaver, Luepold, Warne, or Burris products that cost more but are made “beefier.”

The same can be said for rifle scopes. I’ve had 3 or 4 cheap scopes fail me for no apparent reason. I’ll pay for quality, and will give up magnification for reliability.

It was funny...When I asked Ken.. "Do I need to lap your rings?" He laughed out loud.. and said "no, not necessary"
It did take 3 weeks longer to get them fyi..His oxidizing guys equipt. was down and it is apparently back up. Ken does have his own which is in need of repair. My guess is he's the kind of guy that's in the process of getting his fixed so he's not relying on anyone for this again..

Back