Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Barnes TTSX recovered from elk

Howdy, 40 yards? It is a wonder that you even found the bullet and it didn't pass all the way through and exit into the forest or some place.

Howdy, 40 yards? It is a wonder that you even found the bullet and it didn't pass all the way through and exit into the forest or some place.
I actually shot him multiple times as he was trying to get his footing after the first shot. All in the chest cavity and none exited. I'm assuming its because of how well they opened up.

I’ve got a twin to that one from an elk my daughter killed. Same 168 grain but out of a .308. Those bullets work as advertised.

Yep I shot mine with a 150gr quite a bit further and it was through and through. I shot a mule deer buck with the same bullet and he was facing me and found the bullet just under the skin in the hund quarter

All the ttsx I've recovered looks identical to that. Look forward to taking something with the 7mm ht this year with the barnes. Have been using them in 300wm 168gr.

Only shot one animal with a Barnes, a TSX out of a 257 Weatherby. No recovered bullet, exit hole was the size of my fist.
Perfect performance in my book.

Back