Barnes TTSX recovered from elk

I haven't recovered any myself, but I've seen recovered Barnes muzzleloader bullets that look exactly like that (except bigger) and I've shot 6-8ish deer with them and had perfect results. Pass through from any angle, good controlled expansion judging by wound channel, no bullet fragments, dead deer after a short and heavy blood trail. Totally outperforms the PowerBelts I used to use.

Howdy, 40 yards? It is a wonder that you even found the bullet and it didn't pass all the way through and exit into the forest or some place.
Probably would have passed through if he’d shot him farther away. Bullets that expand tend to penetrate less at high impact velocities due to the increased expansion. When impact velocity gets low enough, that will flip back around.

Howdy, 40 yards? It is a wonder that you even found the bullet and it didn't pass all the way through and exit into the forest or some place.

I was thinking the same thing. Really surprised it got stuck at 40 yards, but then again, I did recover 1 ttsx shot from a grendel on a blacktail buck. It was also at about 40 yards, slight quartering away. It looked just like the the OP's picture.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
htcooke
Back