Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Barbary GMU 29 / 30 Thoughts...

Nextyear

Stuff Summer! Heading out for the first Barbary scouting trip of the season in units 29/30. Although it’s not my tag, October still fees like an eternity away! Planning to head towards 5 points area and scout a few google earth/ OnX locations. Always open to suggestions and thoughts from those who have spent time in either unit. Best of luck to all this season!!

I was fortunate enough to spend a few more days in 30 last week, discovered some really promising country (Hunt NM) placard near a trail head. Although we spotted the largest ram to date, on our last night, we absolutely missed more than we found. Discovered two Barbary kills, assumed previous season and some bedding areas; no sheep! On the other hand, the bachelor groups of deer were abundant and several individuals noted of nice caliber. Good looking brutes. Pictures are through an old phone, probably time to update.

Side notes.. Ringtail-2 , Scorpion-1, Camel Spider-1... absolute worst creatures! 22 Barbary (Ewes/ Lambs).. on the drive out, away from anything I would have expected.

Stay Safe, Happy Hunting!

Attachments

• Ram 3.jpg
    Ram 3.jpg
    97.9 KB · Views: 18
  • B Group 1.jpg
    B Group 1.jpg
    372.3 KB · Views: 17
  • Hunt NM.jpg
    Hunt NM.jpg
    390.6 KB · Views: 15
I also drew the Oct hunt in 29 & 30 this year. If your going to make another scouting trip before the hunt I'd be up for joining you. Haven't have the opportunity to get down there yet. I'm in the east mountains.

I also drew the Oct hunt in 29 & 30 this year. If your going to make another scouting trip before the hunt I'd be up for joining you. Haven't have the opportunity to get down there yet. I'm in the east mountains.

just sent you a message... returned on Sunday form the 3 rd scout. Happy to help you out with questions. I’m in Albuquerque, we should talk. I’ll send my contact info. to you. Jeff

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back