BANNED!!

I get the "higher fines" or "more jail time" argument, but never understood the argument that banning them from hunting was a bad idea since that won't stop a poacher. Is a lifetime ban a bad thing? Beats the alternative in my opinion.
The guy is out of control and the ban won’t stop him from breaking the law because he will still go out and keep the poaching up. If it cost him time in jail and the loss of a lot of coin he might get it but it may stop others if they see the consequences of this behavior ! The law didn’t mean shit to this guy do you think a lifetime ban will ?

What's the solution? No ban?
I would imagine sticking him with a felony charge along with a lifetime ban would be pretty effective at deterring future incidents. Felon in possession of a firearm may be more of a deterrent than additional poaching charges. That doesn't solve the issue if he decides to start poaching with a bow or crossbow, however.

The guy is out of control and the ban won’t stop him from breaking the law because he will still go out and keep the poaching up. If it cost him time in jail and the loss of a lot of coin he might get it but it may stop others if they see the consequences of this behavior ! The law didn’t mean shit to this guy do you think a lifetime ban will ?
See post #5. Dumbed down as much as I could. Do you have any kids?

What's the solution? No ban?
Where do you get that from ? You have no respect for the law why would you have respect for the lifetime ban from hunting ? Jail time , restitution ! Now we have the right amount of paying for what you have done. Lifetime revocation of your hunting privilege as well.

I get the "higher fines" or "more jail time" argument, but never understood the argument that banning them from hunting was a bad idea since that won't stop a poacher. Is a lifetime ban a bad thing? Beats the alternative in my opinion.
All three !

Where do you get that from ? You have no respect for the law why would you have respect for the lifetime ban from hunting ? Jail time , restitution ! Now we have the right amount of paying for what you have done. Lifetime revocation of your hunting privilege as well.

I got that from the all the snarky comments about the ban being ineffective. Law enforcement only has so many avenues to deter future crime and they used what is at their disposal.

See post #5. Dumbed down as much as I could. Do you have any kids?
Yes 4 children all grown , 12 grandchildren one wife ! So you can understand me , lifetime ban from hunting , fines and restitution and jail time. My point to dumb it down as much as I can ....... these guys will never learn so throw the book at them! They will never learn and he will be at it again unless he is behind bars.

In theory, the jail time of future crimes is higher as a repeat offender. But in practice, true scofflaws don't stop. DUI recidivism shows us about all we need to know about that.

I got that from the all the snarky comments about the ban being ineffective. Law enforcement only has so many avenues to deter future crime and they used what is at their disposal.
Not snarky at all , I have seen these guys in action ! They never learn and blatantly brag that they do it. They steal from all of us , hunter and non hunter alike. That’s all I’m saying . Not ripping or trying to make anyone on edge.

In theory, the jail time of future crimes is higher as a repeat offender. But in practice, true scofflaws don't stop. DUI recidivism shows us about all we need to know about that.
Yes I understand however this is several counts of the offense. This guy isn’t a hunter who kills a extra deer or makes a mistake ...... this guy is a straight criminal! I will never draw a sheep tag but this guy steals the chance for those who may be lucky enough too! It’s so wrong on every level and he makes hunters look bad as well. There are those in the public who lump us all together.

Yes I understand however this is several counts of the offense. This guy isn’t a hunter who kills a extra deer or makes a mistake ...... this guy is a straight criminal! I will never draw a sheep tag but this guy steals the chance for those who may be lucky enough too! It’s so wrong on every level and he makes hunters look bad as well. There are those in the public who lump us all together.
I thought we were in agreement??

I think there needs to be a loss of hunting license privilege for anyone caught hunting with him WHEN he is caught in the future.

Back