PEAX Equipment

Badlands 2800

sreekers

So here is the dilemma, I bought a pack from Black's Creek Guide Gear last year. Well I like it, but its too big and heavy for the day long trips. Its th Bounty hunter Model, pretty similar to the Bone Collector.

So I am thinking about taking the plunge to a Badlands 2800. Any of you have it, like it, hate it?

Talk me into it, or talk me out of it.

Scott,
A lot of the utah hunters swear by those badland packs. So that should be a red flag for ya ;).

As far as a day pack I use the horn hunter packs. I like it for what I used it for. But I hardly ever do just a day hike so my exp. is limited with day packs. I'm interested in what kind of responses you get....

Ernesto

I am surprised, nobody has anything to say. I really like how it breaks down and its very easy to bring a quarter out.

Travis swears by his badlands, but he has an older model though.

Where I live at the moment provides for a lot of day trips, afternoon trips, etc. With the pack being too big its a pain. The 2800 would also be capable of overnight trips as well.

I think I am going to go for it, but want a little more response before I do it.

sreekers,

I know nothing about the Badlands personally, but do use the Eberlestock for my hunting. I think it is the same weight (the J104) as the Badlands 2800 and I have been able to haul out an entire boned out deer on 1/2 dozen occassions. I use it as a day pack as well. Good luck.

Thanks miller, now I am confused on which one I want. Do you feel like it carries your bow comfortably? How well does it protect your bow?

So I think i am going for the badlands.

http://www.badlandspacks.com/2800.php

I like how it operates, not too big, and I still have my pack for the week long trips. I think what is selling me on it is that I can carry a quarter out with it by just strapping it into that middle section. I should be able to do overnight trips with this pack as well. Going to buy it tonight unless I find it online somewhere for a lot cheaper.

I have the 2800 and love it. I like the 4 big sections to pack stuff in, in an organized fashion. I hate packs that are like a giant sock with everything lumped into them. I had the superday, but was too small for 3 dayers. I can easily do a 3-4 day hunt out of this 2800, depending on how hungry I am willing to get at the end. Plus, like you said, you can put a pile of meat in between the sections.

Just bought it, and got a smoking deal on it. Going out for antelope this weekend on the other side of the state. Will take some pictures with it, and tell you what I think of it, I am pretty sure that I am going to love it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dwaller4449
Back