Badlands 2200 for big guy

Ttannahill14

Any big guys out there have any expirience with the Badlands 2200? It not being adjustable kind of worries me. I'm a once a year at best western hunter so hard to justify a $500 pack right now and a member on here has a used one for a decent price he's willing to let go.

I'm 6'4" 250 pounds with a long torso. Separated both my shoulders in the past so a bad/not fitting pack really makes my shoulders hurt, a lot.

IMHO its a nice, camo colored back pack. Nothing more, Its not a hunting pack.

I'm 6'2 240 and it fits as good as a back pack can fit.

I used one for about 7 years packing 1/2 caribou and whole deer boned. I tried every similar sized pack I could find for less than about $350 the 2200 fit my long torso best. I switched to a kuiu 1800 tall. It fits extended as far as you can. I am actually back to the 2200 since my KUIU waist buckle broke along with a couple straps. I liked the KUIU weight better and it packed heavy loads better but not great. KUIU customer service has tried my patience but I still have hope. 6'-2 210 and it fits great for what it is. Not a heavy hauler frame pack.

Wanted to add, pretty much every zipper pull on my 2200 broke at one time also ripped some stitching in a horse wreck. sent it back 3 times always free always fixed. Badlands has an amazing warranty and customer service.

I am 6' 2'' at 265 lbs. I have used the 2200 for about 5 years now. I have packed a couple quarters out with it and works good for the first pack out. I usually switch to a meat pack for the 2nd or 3rd trip. I have not had any issues with it.

Geez, after rereading my post I want to clarify, the 2200 is not bad pack. It does what a entry level pack does and does it well.

I sounded like I hated the 2200 in my initial post.

I have had mine since 2004. It has served me well and is comfortable for me I'm 6' 270. I think there have been improvements on the newer models but that is just a guess on my part. One thing I wish it had is a scabbard attachment for my rifle. I checked the web site and there is a rifle boot attachment available for the new packs but I'm not sure if it is compatible with the older style. I haven't used it yet but from everything I've read the customer service is top notch. That is a plus for any product.
Dan

I used one for 4-5 years before switching to an MR. Capable of packing a whole boned out muley with skull, but not as comfortable as the higher end pack. All the zipper pulls will eventually break, but they can be replaced with zip ties. All in all, not a bad back if you don't want to pay for the higher end ones...

Back