Backpack for stand hunting

I use the Alps Pursuit. Adequate room for everything I carry for whitetails. If walking in and need to carry heavy jacket, just strap it to outside. As low as $82 on Amazon right now.

Yah gonna get that or the other Alps I posted earlier. Been happy with there products so far.

I use a older cabelas fanny pack with shoulder straps. Something like their transporter pack They offer now. I can lash extra clothes to it. If
i was going to try and strap a bow to it I would probably go with more of a day pack with a bow sling. The more capacity to carry gear the less handy it will be in the stand.
I keep creeping up on pack size every few years but keep going back to the old cabelas pack for stand and blind hunting. It just works.

Yah gonna get that or the other Alps I posted earlier. Been happy with there products so far.
One piece of unsolicited advice on cheap packs; I've had a number of ski packs the whole point of them is to carry your skis on your back, skis are kinda heavy, the ski carry buckles are basically the only thing that I care about as crappy ones will 100% ruin your day. The last thing you want are your skis flopping around or coming loose. It's not that the buckle will break, it's that the strap material and buckle itself don't provide enough friction to stay in place and the buckle will slide on the strap after you cinch it down.

Point being if you actually want to carry your bow or climbing sticks I would order whatever pack you like, then straight out of the box attach your bow, sticks or just some weight. If the buckles slide send it back right then and there.

One piece of unsolicited advice on cheap packs; I've had a number of ski packs the whole point of them is to carry your skis on your back, skis are kinda heavy, the ski carry buckles are basically the only thing that I care about as crappy ones will 100% ruin your day. The last thing you want are your skis flopping around or coming loose. It's not that the buckle will break, it's that the strap material and buckle itself don't provide enough friction to stay in place and the buckle will slide on the strap after you cinch it down.

Point being if you actually want to carry your bow or climbing sticks I would order whatever pack you like, then straight out of the box attach your bow, sticks or just some weight. If the buckles slide send it back right then and there.
Yah for sure. This pack is strictly for hunting whitetails around home no sticks and if I have to carry the bow it's never all that far. My mystery ranch is a little overkill.

1645110572044.png
This one is the one that I bought last year. I don't archery hunt, but it does have a holder on the very bottom for a bow.
I actually did not want the straps to go over my back, so I essentially just unsnap those and have the "backpack straps" if I choose to use in the future.

Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back