Back in my home state of Colorado

CATAHOULA12

Started this the other day but had to stop typing. Yes back in my home state finally. Lived in Arizona last couple decades. Hunted plenty of elk and deer in that great state. Two mule deer taken with bow on the Kaibab plateau. Very fun and beautiful place to hunt archery. As far as elk. One bull and three cows taken out of unit 10 over the years and one other bull taken out of unit 8. All great hunts but yet to get the chance to take a bull elk with my bow. Looking forward to getting my feet on the ground and get familiar again with areas here in Colorado. Lots of time I have with me til fall 2017 because I won't be paying the nonresident fees to go this fall OTC. Also like to get out and fly fish any chance I get. Thanks for reading and good luck to all that are hunting this fall...

Welcome home. Nothing quite like returning to a comfortable place after being gone a few years.

I spend time in Washington State and Arizona. Home is Missouri though have not lived there since the 1980s and most likely never will again.

Is great you were able to embrace many of the outdoor opportunities Arizona offers. I have friends who moved to Colorado and they rave about the variety of things to do outdoors every month of the year and they neither hunt nor fish.

At DUCKHUNT... Likely try to get out for some familiarity in the nw part of Co. Quiet scouting. Maybe get in some fishing for trout at the high elevation lakes while doing that. Then towards the end of the year maybe go duck/goose hunting with my uncle here. He loves to duck/goose hunt , so that might be fun to spend time with him to do that..

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CrownDitch
Back