Back from first Co. hunt

Recurve62

My brother and I finished up our first Colorado elk hunt (of many more to come). We spilled no blood but we learned alot, about the elk, the country and ourselves. Spending eight days together was great and we really got caught up, more than you ever can from a picnic here or a family meal there. Hoofin' it and staying in the mountains was all and more than I expected, especially the night we decicided we were too far out to hike back to camp and back in in the morning so we hunkered down for the night with just a fire and an 8x8 tarp. You don't get smarter just because you get older but we heared a bull bugle in a remote draw and I guess we lost our minds. We met some great people, the Michigan guys we shared (well, I guess it was theirs but we pulled in first) a camp site with, the Wisconsin guys who had stones enough to drive down that damned hill and also some old aquaintance from years ago. Yupp, no harvest but what a success. Can't wait to get back.

Sounds like a great adventure. Time spent in the hunt camp with family and old and (or new) friends is good for the soul.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chrisb970
Back