Baby Name Ideas Wanted

HerkHunter

The missus and I are expecting our first… among the million other things we are trying to learn we have discovered naming the thing is not so easy. My wishes (not necessarily hers, though she’s liked some of the ideas I have floated) are Montana/frontier history themed without being overly evident (i.e Montana, or Rocky, though those are good names nonetheless). I have floated Brooks (brook trout, Brooks Range Alaska) and Augustus (think Augusta, MT one of my favorite places, though I still think about the boy in a chocolate river too). Any other ideas? Maybe after previous governors or bada**es that once roamed our landscape? I liked Theo after the father of Conservation but she did not. Thanks in advance fellow HT’ers!

Bridger (although it’s kinda popular in Montana)

August (my friend has a son named August, Auggie is his nickname)

Gallatin (I had a cat with this name but he died from kidney issues)

I had a cat named Rocky, he ran away or got ate.

Brooks is solid, there was a guy I went to high school with this name and is pretty uncommon IME.

Jesse. There isn’t anyone more Montana than this guy…

IMG_7779.jpeg

Save you some leg work. I asked similar last year. Lots of great names in here.
We went with Samuel. Our first is Theodore.
Like mentioned before by I can’t recall who, but imagine yourself standing on the front step yelling the name before deciding. I’ve heard a few in the new neighborhood I’ve had to laugh at.
Congrats on expecting!

My grandpa was Charles and I loved it but already had a new Charles in the fam. Charles for Charles Russell. His middle name was Marion if you wanna make your boy tough. 😂
Look up some Montana provincial governors and early legislature. I found Samuel from Samuel Elrod, 5th governor of SD. Donno about his policies but he looks like he didn’t take sh*t from no one. Also, it’s a good biblical name.

We named our son Avery. My wife’s family is from Avery, ID, and I always thought it sounded tough. Turns out the number one GIRL name in 2014 was Avery.. who woulda thought…

I hope if for any reason you choose Avery, it’d better be a boy.

Bridger (although it’s kinda popular in Montana)

August (my friend has a son named August, Auggie is his nickname)

Gallatin (I had a cat with this name but he died from kidney issues)

I had a cat named Rocky, he ran away or got ate.

Brooks is solid, there was a guy I went to high school with this name and is pretty uncommon IME.
I couldn't do Brooks I would think of Shawshank everytime.q0aIwFmLnjSplyEnIgZcFYl2vqUXcfosNb4OI0y0nWg.jpg

Save you some leg work. I asked similar last year. Lots of great names in here.
We went with Samuel. Our first is Theodore.
Like mentioned before by I can’t recall who, but imagine yourself standing on the front step yelling the name before deciding. I’ve heard a few in the new neighborhood I’ve had to laugh at.
Congrats on expecting!
Pretty sure I have the same advice to Wild bill.

“Samuel!!!!! Time for dinner!!!!!”

See, that name works just fine.

“Alfie!!!!! Come take out the trash!!!!” Nope. Doesn’t work.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JMD
Back