Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

AZ Late Muzzleloader

Just got back from AZ yesterday. I drew a late muzzy tag and had a great hunt. I have hunted AZ the last two years drawing with zero points.. which is hard to do (always insert that when telling the wife). I went down 4 days early to scout the unit ive never stepped foot in... hell never shot a muzzleloader before i applied for the tag. But i love new opportunities! And am now in love with flinging lead from the smoke pole. I glassed alot of bulls the first few days.. 38 to be exact. With a handful picked out hoping to connect with on opening morning. Opener was crazy with a storm brewing, heavy rain then snow. Not seeing a good bull, my fingers were crossed for the next day knowing the elk would be looking to feed with a fresh blanket of snow. At sun up, i snuck from 400 to 171 yrds and let her rip.. this is my best bull to date.

Nice elk,
What kind of muzzleloader is that? I don't see a ramrod.

Congrats on a great bull! I was there on the same hunt and that snow and wind was brutal on the 1st day.

Outstanding, thanks for sharing!

Im shooting CVA’s .45 cal Paramount. It has a collapsable ram rod due to the internal chassis.. thing shoots sub MOA out to 450 yrds. Kind of crazy!

**With a dirty barrel
:oops:

Now I need to get me a muzzleloader!

6F5927F8-4245-4E77-BBAE-C04A3E648B25.jpeg

This was checking zero after the flight.
Notice the first shot with a sparkling clean barrel.. then a 2 shot group @ 300.

Great Bull,Congratulations!
Were you hunting the res?Eastern Az. near unit 1? 🔥

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back