AZ Elk get a $120,000

AZ402

One of the auction tags went for $120,000 at the RMEF this past weekend.

I know a lot of people don't like "wealth tags" but they have benefits. I've seen the benefits of the money they put into habitat enhancement and restoration. I've seen the money in action on severe drought years with water hauling projects. There are several projects that these tags have funded. Many if not all have made a postitive impact on the habitat for not only elk but many other species.

Out of the hundreds of thousands the elk auction and raffle tags raised last year; only one elk has been harvested so far. Not a bad trade out IMO...

dammmmmmmmmnnnnnnnnnnnnn THATS a lot of Jr bacon cheeseburgers!

is mcclendon & sons going to be the guide? Or is it too early to know???

That's good news, and the money spent for the tag will benefit all sportsman that hunt Arizona. Stan do you know how many auction/raffle tags Arizona now issues? Also are the hunters from last year that haven't filled their tag going to hunt the end of August this year?

I'm all for it when it's just a few tags, like Arizona.
Utah, well that's a different story. At least it's for a good cause.

That's good news, and the money spent for the tag will benefit all sportsman that hunt Arizona. Stan do you know how many auction/raffle tags Arizona now issues? Also are the hunters from last year that haven't filled their tag going to hunt the end of August this year?

Mike, they have until July 31st, new hunt starts August 1st. There are 3 total state wide elk tags (two auction one raffle). There are 3 each for lope and deer as well. I think there is 1 auction coues and one raffle coues. I'm pretty sure bighorn is the 1 auction, 1 raffle. Buffalo is the same as coues and bighorn.......I think. All other species have state wide tag available in the big game super raffle (turkey,javelina,bear,lion)

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back