AZ Coues or Mule Deer ?

Trigger50

I have 4 NR deer pts in AZ. I've been buying deer pts while I built NR Elk Pts. I dont have any plans yet for using the deer pts? What's your vote for a fun AZ rifle deer hunt? Coues or mule deer? My limiting factor is I'm not allowed to take vac in Dec until the day after Xmas.

I have 4 NR deer pts in AZ. I've been buying deer pts while I built NR Elk Pts. I dont have any plans yet for using the deer pts? What's your vote for a fun AZ rifle deer hunt? Coues or mule deer? My limiting factor is I'm not allowed to take vac in Dec until the day after Xmas.
Southern AZ December coues deer hunt, hunt the week between christmas and NYE. I did that hunt in 2020 and while I ate my tag, I had a blast.

Lots of states offer a good mule deer hunt DIY, but really only two places do the same for coues, and AZ is the easiest to draw. Four points will get you an excellent coues hunt in the October or November seasons.

Coues are overrated imo. I never had a hard time finding or killing them with a rifle. No deer is as majestic as a big mulie. That being said, I'd hunt coues if filling a tag was a priority, which is respectable.

I’m a mule deer guy but when it comes to az mule deer there aren’t many good hunts south of the big ditch. North of the ditch take a lot of points, yea you can get lucky. I’d go with coues with that low number of points unless you just build points till you can get an archery or early kiabab tag.

muley

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back