AZ Antelope

danr55

Did anyone else draw an AZ Antelope Tag for Unit 10? If you did, let me know and perhaps we can get together. I will likely be hunting alone this year and company in the evening is better than eating alone.

do not know anyone with the rifle tag.

I hunted the archery hunt a few years back and had a ball.

Last edited:
Did anyone else draw an AZ Antelope Tag for Unit 10? If you did, let me know and perhaps we can get together. I will likely be hunting alone this year and company in the evening is better than eating alone.
10 is the holy grail of antelope. They say there’s huge Boone & Crockett bucks running all over. Takes like 3 decades to draw a permit. Don’t shoot a dink - you’ll lose your old man card.🙂

Seriously - have fun and good luck.

10 is the holy grail of antelope. They say there’s huge Boone & Crockett bucks running all over. Takes like 3 decades to draw a permit. Don’t shoot a dink - you’ll lose your old man card.🙂

Seriously - have fun and good luck.
Thanks GH.. I've spent lots of time in that area. I'm looking to put that all to use this year.
Dan

If I wasn't going to be out of town, I'd be up there in a heartbeat.

Well, we are back from our hunt. The antelope in Arizona, I'm sorry to say, are safe from my guns for another year. Saw four shooters over 16 inches tall. One was faster than I was. Shot at him and just as I pulled the trigger, he started running about. The second one we saw was about 1.5 miles away and there was no cover. Tried a stalk using the Antelope screen but he wasn't going for it. The second one was at about 250 yards and my partner called it at 400 and I aimed for four hundred. Shot over his back. Third one was really spooky. Every time we moved close (500 yards)r, he moved off just far enough that I wasn't comfortable taking the shot. Last one was the last day at sunset. Took a shot, but he must have learned from the first goat. Just as I shot, he ran away. Did manage to find some big elk and a few large deer, but that's a different story. Congratulations to all you that killed dumber goats than the ones I hunted.

Caribou Gear

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back