AWSOME hunt offer........

Moosie

Grand poopa
WELL.. YOU can decide :

This outfitter has had a slow year with his normal European bookings, so he has given us at "NAME LEFT OUT" the right to market his hunts at deep discounts. How about a dall sheep hunt for $4950, 2x1, backpack style in the Brooks range?
Or the same style hunt for both a grizzly and a moose for the same $4950?!
If you want to take it easier, he trails his horses in 100 miles to his hunt area before any hunters arrive, and a horseback dall sheep hunt is reduced to $6950. 1x1. Or 2x1 for $5950. Same prices for horseback grizzly/moose combos. Get a buddy and save thousands apiece.
This is the best pricing we have seen in years for these types of hunts. His area in the Brooks range is relatively easy as mountain hunts go. Sheep have been 36-42"; silvertips grizzly; and moose in the 55-65" range.

Moosie,

Give me $4950, and I'll let you know...

biggrin.gif

I always worry about buying a hunt at a discount, for some un-rational reason, I think I would get discounted /service and animals.

Nope, right now it is 7.30 am in Hawaii, and I am laying in bed, looking at the ocean, and making smart-a$$ed posts down in the Sportsmans Issues sections. I even left you a few messages in SI, just to make sure you keep reading the Issues. Kind of the political awakening of Moosie.

Still have to go hunting for a "bare" skin Blonde
hump.gif

Anybody been feeding my bears?

Maybe I'll skip Golf this afternoon, and see if I can learn to Surf...
smile.gif

HERE was Our Conversation :

Subject: RE: ALASKA MOOSE, GRIZZLY, DALL SHEEP AND CARIBOU

THANX Bill, I like reading all the hunt offers that come through, this hunt is actually for a friend. If I didn't have a MOOSE/BOU combo I'd really look into the griz thing.

Just a question though, You said "Or the same style hunt for both a grizzly and a moose for the same $4950?! "

Don't you think the Odds would be crappy on getting something for that price ? I know Grizz hunts go for 8k on up, Hell, I have seen some Moose hunts got for that !!! Just wondering what a guy could realistically expect for the Reduced rate. I'm wondering if there are hidden costs Or lack of effort on the hunting part.

PS, Thanx for the quick response !!!!

~~~~~~~~~

Oscar
I will attach some information on this hunt that will explain everything. The reason for the reduction is because of slow sales all over the hunting world. We get several outfitters a day calling us to help them sell hunts. This is going to be the year of good deals for the hunters. This outfitter is a master guide and all of this references spoke highly of him. If your friend gives me his name and address I will put him on our catalog and e-mail mailing list. Thank you for your time and happy hunting.
Bill

Bill Durnan, Consultant
Butch Manasse Outdoor Adventures
Cheyenne, Wyoming
Phone: 307 637 5495
www.worldwide-hunts.com
Email: [email protected]

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

ALASKA: HORSEBACK/FOOT HUNTS-DALL SHEEP, MOOSE, BEAR
ALS0: CARIBOU/MOOSE DROP CAMPS HUNT # 170

DALL SHEEP FOR AS LOW AS $4950!!!!!

You cannot talk about this outfitter without first understanding his truly exceptional background. He has lived in Alaska for over 40 years, part of which time he lived in both Eskimo and Indian villages as part of the work he was doing for the State. He has a Masters Degree in Wildlife Management from the University of Alaska in Fairbanks. He is also one of those elite certified Master Guides for Alaska. He speaks English, Eskimo and a little German. His wife is a Yupik Eskimo and she does traditional skin sewing that she offers for sale. He hunts two areas, the famed Brooks Range and also the Seward Peninsula. He has been guiding in the Brooks Range for over 25 years. Each year, around July, he trucks his horses 350 miles north up the Dalton Highway, then rides them 100 miles into the Mountain area he hunts, where he has an exclusive guide area in the Arctic National Wildlife Refuge. This is prime country for Dall Sheep, Moose and Grizzly. Of special interest is that his clientele until recently had been mainly Germans, and they have had very little interest in his sheep, meaning they have gone under-hunted for many, many years. In talking to references, we talked about 7 sheep hunts (7 for 7 on sheep), and some of those sheep exceeded 40”! We think you can reasonably expect that sheep in the 36” to 38” range and above range are available. His is new to us, but the references have all said they would go again; they would recommend him to a buddy; and interestingly, most of them said they were into sheep on a daily basis! The references also talked about the many Grizzly bears, most of which are of the silvertip variety; and the many moose they saw. Griz here will run 7 ½’ to a bit over 8’, but they tend toward blonde and silver tipped and are relatively plentiful (as far as griz go). Not many wolves were seen, which is good for the moose. He hunts via horseback from tent camps and a few isolated trappers’ type cabins. He also offers discounted trips for those who want to hunt on foot exclusively. We understand food on both of these guided hunts is plentiful, the guides are very good, and the area has plenty of game (not too many caribou though), and the country is not overly exertive. Moose in the 55” to 65” range are present in good numbers also. One group mentioned that while waiting for the outfitter after being dropped off by their float plane charter, they saw five very big bull moose, a griz and some sheep-- all before the hunt even started! Also, with the horses, and with the relatively easy terrain in his guide area, these hunts are less exertive then many comparable hunts. Elevations are moderate, from about 1,500 feet to around 6,000 feet. You should, however, be able to walk several miles a day for maximum success. Due to all the grizzly bears, there are not many black bears in his area of the Brooks Range. You take a charter flight from Fairbanks to access the area where you will be met. He has made an arrangement with the charter company, whereby they will fly you in, fly you out, fly out your trophies and the total cost is $1000. Meat if flown out is extra.
He also offers drop camp hunts here for a moose and caribou hunt.

His second area is located on the Seward Peninsula, between Kotzebue and Nome. You fly into Kotzebue, then take the same charter flight as discussed above, and at that same cost. This area has the most liberal moose season in Alaska. It also has the 480,000 animal Western Arctic caribou herd! This area also has abundant grizzly and the griz here get enough salmon that their size is generally larger than the barren ground grizzlies of the Brooks. Bears here can regularly exceed 8’ and even more. Normally, if there is snow, it is preferred to hunt here on snowmobiles and by walking, on this hunt. He has a special type of tent, which looks like a small Quonset hut, but is insulated for comfort. He also offers a drop camp hunt for moose and caribou here as well. These can be excellent opportunities for the bow hunter as well, given their reasonable pricing and the number of animals.

For 2003, due to the poor economy, he has fewer German clients and he has given us the right to sell his remaining openings at substantial discounts! GREAT PRICING FOR THIS YEAR ONLY!!

2003 PRICING
DALL SHEEP: TEN DAYS, 1X1, HORSEBACK HUNTS: Reg. price is $8950 NOW ONLY $6950!
2X1: Reg. price is $7950- NOW ONLY $5950!
DALL SHEEP ON FOOT: SPECIAL: 1X1: $5950! 2X1: $4950

GRIZZLY AND MOOOSE COMBO: BROOKS RANGE HUNT: HORSEBACK, 10 DAYS:
1X1 HUNT: Reg. price $8950 SPECIAL PRICE: $6950!!!
2X1 HUNT: Reg. price $7950 SPECIAL PRICE: $5950!!!
1X1 HUNT, ON FOOT-NO HORSES: SPECIAL PRICE: $5950!
2X1 HUNT, ON FOOT-NO HORSES: SPECIAL PRICE: $4950!!

SEWARD PENINSULA 10-DAY DROP CAMP ( on snow machines or on foot):
OCT 18-28: CARIBOU ONLY: $2000!
OCT 28-NOV 7: CARIBOU $2000. KILL FEE FOR A MOOSE IS $1500.
NOV 7-17: CARIBOU $2000. KILL FEE FOR A MOOSE IS $1500.
Success on caribou is typically close to 100%, but can vary due to migration. Moose success is probably in the 40%-50% range. You may also take wolf or wolverine, with the proper tags.
Food etc will add $500/man.

PLEASE NOTE: ON ALL HUNTS ABOVE THERE IS AN ADDITIONAL 3% TAX TO COVER THE COST OF THE STATE AND FEDERAL LAND PERMITS

OBSERVERS: $175/DAY.

WOLF AND WOVERINE MAY BE TAKEN ON ALL HUNTS WITH THE PROPER TAGS.

NOTE: A 50% DEPOSIT IS REQUIRED. ALL DEPOSITS ARE NON-REFUNDABLE. IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL AND DO SO WITHIN 90 DAYS BEFORE THE HUNT, YOUR DEPOSIT WILL BE APPLIED TO THE FOLLOWING YEAR, OR YOU CAN SUBSTITUTE ANOTHER HUNTER IN YOUR PLACE.

CALL US AT 307-637-5495 TO BOOK OR FOR INFO

HMMMMM, If i dont draw a NM elk tag i may look into the moose deal...

Hey this sounds like a good deal. I will see if I can come up with the scratch. Moosie, Elkgunner.... Can I come work for you guys? You are always playing instead of working. Oscar you never told me where or what you do for a living. PS I already know the area, lol Let me know if you guys need another person for a hunt. Cameron

Cameron, I Do Design Drafting in Boise for a living. I'm not always playing although it seems like it, Durring the summer I work sometimes 60-70 Hour weeks to make up for Some Play time. I have NO hobbies but Hunting and Hunttalk. BAllance time with Wife and Kids too.

I wish I had a job opening but don't. My life only looks glamorous from the outside
wink.gif
It sucks actually playing this much
smile.gif
smile.gif

Elkgunner, on the other hand, Lives in a HGouse that Make Bill Gates Jealous and Travels the WOrld.. BUT Hitmen get paid better then Cadd Drafters. If I could shoot people (Or Animals) in the head, I'd do his job
eek.gif

Elkhunter, 5k ? HELL, Sell some of your 50 Million guns, Narrow it down to 1 gun and hunt more !!!

Schmalts, If you go Keep me informed, Like I said, If I wasn't going already to AK, I'd of Booked this before I had it posted !!!!

Pretty deals....you wonder why he has to pedal the hunts at a discount. Most good hunts usually have no trouble bookingout.

I think I will hold out until next year and do that Alaskan MT. Goat hunt for about $1500
wink.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back