Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

ATV's arent a problem...???

BuzzH

Yet, in the Billingsgazette this short article appeared:

October 30, 2003

Last modified October 30, 2003 - 12:46 am
OHV users reminded to stay on roads, trails

Forest officials are reminding off-highway vehicle users to remain on existing roads and trails in Montana.

Cross-country driving is not allowed on national forest lands in the state, even to retrieve game.

In a related article and to squelch Ten Beers, from the Missoulian:

October 30

"Agreement ensures access to Plum Creek land.

Kalispell-

In exchange for public access, Plum Creek receives increased FWP warden patrols on their lands. The patrols guard against violations of hunting regulations and violations of Plum Creek land use rules. The rules include road restrictions, camping guidelines, and other activities. In particular, a gate without a sign is a year-round closure to all motorized vehicles, whether the gate is open or closed. An open road behind a gate must specifically be marked as such by a sign.

Copies of the Plum Creek Open lands Policy are available at the FWP office in Kalispell and the Plum Creek office on Highway 2 West."

Funny, how a few here, I wont mention TEN BEARS as one, spread misinformation on land use policy and ATV policy.

Perhaps Ten bears just WANTS TO BELIEVE that PC allows atv's behind gates...

Maybe researching before opening mouth is a better approach?

No, atv's arent a problem, they just run articles in the local papers on oct. 30 because the ATV crowds are doing such a fine job of observing laws...
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

I hope they keep it up, it wont be long now until they're banned...YEAH!

You bet, won't be long before hunters are banned too. Did you see on CNN, a lost HUNTER whose signal fire got away is responsible for the Cedar fire in So CAL.
Won't be long for sure Buzz.

Buzz - you are so stoopid, if you had half youd know that any attempt to change things or god forbid even make the hunting better with less motors traversing the hills would lead to a hunting ban.

We all have to stick together, bend over, take it, let things get worse or they will take our guns and ban us.

Just to change the cousrre--- RD, what do you know about preach in the burnt fork? any truth to his clearcutting another 10K acres?

Lost, are you talking about Creach? If so i dont believe he's clearcutting anything. He some rich dude who bought up a bunch of land and turned it into a game preserve. He lets people shoot cows but not bulls and only if they live in stevi, so you can go there and see some real dandies during the rut. I checked them out this fall.

The guy definitely doesnt need the money from the logging and what ive read is that hes doing all forest thinning and weed management to make better elk range. I think i read he spent $50k just spraying weeds one year.

Now all the trophy home subdivisions around him have a place to face their windowns toward.

BUZZ, before you go breaking your arm patting your own back, maybe you could call the Forest Capital INC (formerly Plum Creek HERE) office in Coeur d' Alene, ID. They will tell you that they have some areas closed to motorized travel, and some areas were the travel is allowed on gated roads, but must remain on the road system NO cross country riding. While your at it call the Northern District of Potlatch in Idaho and ask about their gated roads.

BTW I keep seeing citizen against poachers posters all over the woods. Is that because "hunters" can be trusted to follow all the rules?

Ten bears, why comment, you stated "since its Plum Creek, it was probably open".

That was bullshit, not only was there a sign on the gate, but as the article I posted points out, you cant take ANY MOTORIZED vehicle behind any plum creek gate in the STATE OF MONTANA. No arm breaking, just the facts, something you constantly try to ignore. The road was gated and the lard butts were breaking the law, therefore, they paid the piper.

What you do is spread misinformation because you have to attempt to defend the actions of your fellow ATV slugs/lawbreakers.

Its noble of you, but I'll just keep on turning them in, and they'll continue to break the law to suit their needs and their fat butts until they wind up getting themselves banned. Which is exactly what I want them to do.

This situation happened in MT, which I pointed out. Apparently you didnt catch that, as I dont give a shit about former plum creek holdings in Idaho or the use restrictions of said lands. I'm only stating the facts as it pertains to PC land in Montana...try to stay on topic.

BUZZ, where did I say this? <BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> "since its Plum Creek, it was probably open" <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
But I do see where you are spreading misinformation. Try reading this again, here let me highlight a thing or two for you.
<BLOCKQUOTE>quote:</font><HR> The patrols guard against violations of hunting regulations and violations of Plum Creek land use rules. The rules include road restrictions, camping guidelines, and other activities. In particular, a gate without a sign is a year-round closure to all motorized vehicles, whether the gate is open or closed. An open road behind a gate must specifically be marked as such by a sign.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
I'm sure you will try to blame the ATVer's for violating the camping guidelines as well????
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif
rolleyes.gif

Where does the article say that all PC land/roads are closed to ATV's?

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-05-2003 09:46: Message edited by: Ten Bears ]</font>

Ten bears, you hitting the sauce again, or is your memory that bad? Maybe you just forget what you post.

From your post on 10-29 at 10:19 you said, "But if it was a Plum Creek gate or road it probably was open to ATV travel."

Does that jog your memory?

The guys I turned in where behind a gate with a sign stating it was a PC gate and that the area behind the sign was closed to motorized travel yearlong.

Whats so hard to figure out?

What are you arguing about?

Clouding the issue with your bullshit as per usual.

Bottom line is though, the 3 atv slugs received a hefty fine and broke the law. Done deal.

<FONT COLOR="#800080" SIZE="1">[ 11-05-2003 10:35: Message edited by: BuzzH ]</font>

What was their fine? I know some guys once got $500.00 a piece for riding into a closed area.... I know a moose poacher that got $10,000.00 (no ATV involved).
Good job for reporting evil doers, but don't make categorical declarations without expecting some form of opposing comment.

They catagorically broke the law, and you didnt need to cloud the issue by saying, "But if it was a Plum Creek gate or road it probably was open to ATV travel." You werent there and you knew/know very little about PC road use policy in MT.

You were wrong, admit it, swallow whats left of your pride, and move on.

You know what BUZZ, after corresponding with the PC main office in Seattle, I've come to the conclusion that they don't know much about the PC roads policy in MT either. I'm still waiting for replys from Kalispell and Missoula.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back