Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Attention all Members... VOTE & WIN

Thumper

Aksai, Kazakhstan via Covington Louisiana
All,
My daughter is studying mass media and a recent project was to lead a team to direct and edit a short film with Samsung video. They actually shot the short film here at our home, did all of the editing but that is another story.

I ask all members to check log on to http://www.fresh-films.com/drama.htm

Vote for team New Orleans and you could also win some very cool stuff. The voying last for the next 7 days and the site can tell you more about what you can win. Vote as many times as you wish.

Please check it out and vote New Orleans
Mark

That is not MY Family

Folks, my daughters team had to do the casting call and select the actors. If you do take a moment to look at the film, you will see a family in the film in MY house. The family are actors.... as as most of you know my skin is a tad lighter... So I figure I will get a few shots to the gut on that.
Not a bad start for their first film.
please vote as many times as you like and the prizes are pretty cool.
Thanks,
Mark

I'm not going to waste my vote like I did on the last presidential election. I checked out the other videos and I ended up voting for someone elses besides your daughters. Your house is scary.

Thanks Moosie. I was going to call you first, but it was not too late in the night or too early in the morning as usual. :D Plus I did not or rather could not find your number, I think it was something like 1-800 big elk nutts or something like that:)

Figured we could get a rally call from the group and I will not tell you how hard these kids worked. As mentioned, they have some cool prizes and you can enter as many times as you like.
Thanks again and good luck to all that enters.
http://www.fresh-films.com/drama.htm
Mark

Looks like you're in last place. I voted 10 times and didn't dent the voting out to 0.00 of place. I think the voting will be whichever teams just sit and vote all day long. Will take thousands of votes to swing it I'm sure. Good luck !

Thanks again, I know the feeling the entire team has been texting and mailing constantly for the past two days.. Funny how it will change on a daily basis.
At the end of the day, wion or lose, they gained a tonne of experience in the film making gig. I think she will probably change her major to law after this... :D

Thanks to all.

Update On Team

Thanks to your votes, team New Orleans is moving ahead, they passed Salt Lake City and hope to catch up on Dallas.

Thanks again for your votes and remember you can vote as many times as you wish and each vote is an additional chance for one of the prizes. Don’t forget to pass the message along to your contacts.

The voting and contest continues until August 6th at 15:00 in the US.

Thanks again,
For
Team New Orleans

Mark
http://www.fresh-films.com/drama.htm

Thanks to all

For the conclusion, Dallas beat the New Orleans team on the general votes, but the judges picked their short film for the judges choice award. All were winners and it was a great learning experience for these young kids with the dream of being future television producers, writers and broadcasters.
Alright now i will brag for once :rolleyes:
The folks that sponsered the programme, are also linked with the "Do - Something" group. Basically it is getting kids out of the house and doing something towards a career. For many of these kids, it was a break from the video games and text messaging crap. :confused:
I will have to tell you the story about the group seeing my trophy room as that is a very interesting story that ended on a positive note. :cool:

That project included all aspects of producing a short film, learning the steps from Casting calls, running all of the equipment down, location selections, catering down to the rough editing . So, it is easy to see how being selected as a member of this team was a taste of her future dream.
Our entire family and many hunting friends have been impressed with my daughters proactive / realistic insight on outdoors issues, love for all outdoors activities and we can not say just how impressed I or rather we have been when she chose topics for debate through High school to include the hunters role in conservation. Another story.
Hopefully she will be another member of the media voice that will support our cause in the future through media. At least I know she will be an outdoors woman for the rest of her life and it is great to have a kid that not only loves the outdoors like many of us do, but to know that we do have some support in the future.
Thanks again to all members and for taking the time to vote.
Mark

PS: unlike the last elecvtion this vote did count for something... :eek:

Back