Caribou Gear

Attaching Gun to bag

JustEppic

Hey guys and gals! So I see Randy attaching his gun to the front of his bag, under his arm, any idea how they are doing that? My gun is always falling off my shoulder, or I am always sticking it to the back of my bag and then worrying I wont get to it in time to get a shot if I see something, this looks WAY better... it looks like every person on the show does it.

Does anyone know if the standard one works on a stone glacier pack. The universal looks like it would not hold as well as the kifaru one.

Does anyone know if the standard one works on a stone glacier pack. The universal looks like it would not hold as well as the kifaru one.
That universal would be needed as I don't think the SG pack as the appropriate style pals webbing on the belt. My old Kifaru pack also now has to use the universal as they've changed how they attach to the pack belt over time.

I have the lower piece already from the stone glacier rifle holder. I want to be able to keep it straight up or under the arm without changing anything. I just realized kifaru is ten minutes from my house so I’ll swing in there and check it out with my pack and then get back to everyone.

I use an Alps backpack, so I need 2 pieces? I confuse easily lol. I just need to make sure they work on my system I guess, for left handed. I will check it out when I get home, I’m at the VA hospital... the funnest place on earth? 🤦🏼‍♂️😂

Mine has two pieces, one goes on the bottom of the back and the other attaches to the straps near your shoulder.

I am left handed and use the kifaru universal gun bearer on a MR pop up 28. Works great. The top portion just uses velcro to attach to your shoulder strap or webbing

Kifaru Gun Bearer upper, Kuiu lower. The Kuiu lower attached at both sides unlike the Kifaru one, I ran the Kifaru one for one hunt and had a lot of issues with the rifle twisting while hiking, the Kuiu keeps it from twisting. Can deploy the rifle in a split second, it works amazingly well.

72e383a0-0dc3-4c77-8237-c2df97a16382-jpeg.149340

Kifaru Gun Bearer upper, Kuiu lower. The Kuiu lower attached at both sides unlike the Kifaru one, I ran the Kifaru one for one hunt and had a lot of issues with the rifle twisting while hiking, the Kuiu keeps it from twisting. Can deploy the rifle in a split second, it works amazingly well.

72e383a0-0dc3-4c77-8237-c2df97a16382-jpeg.149340
Do you have a pic of this setup by any chance?

This year I used, Stone Glacier Quick Release Sling. Not like suggested on their website, but similar to Kifaru Gun Bearer.

gun_mount.png

I've no experiance with Kifaru, but this worked for ten days.

its basically the exact same thing but different way to attach it. Will you take a picture of how you attached it to the shoulder strap.

Do you have a pic of this setup by any chance?
The pic I posted is me on the left using that setup. I've done it on Kifaru and Kuiu packs, the "Kifaru specific" upper works just fine on a Kuiu pack. Should be easy to rig up the Kuiu lower on any pack belt with any kind of webbing matrix or straps, but some manufacturers may require the Kifaru universal upper vs the Kifaru specific one. Here is how the Kifaru specific upper attaches to the new Kuiu Pro suspension, the tab is lifted up to show how it is run through the buckle. It will fold flat.

8AOMb4l.jpg

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
alexn
Back