PEAX Equipment

Arrow wraps

BishopB7

How many of you guys are using arrow wraps out there? I have never ran them, and I am thinking of trying them out, but for the sake of curiosity I was just wondering what you guys like most about them from a hunting standpoint. I know its one of those things where I can try them, and if they don't fit the bill I can just take them off, but I was hoping to get a couple opinions from you guys.

I use them. I like them for visibility and and also not having to clean glue off the bare shaft. Yes, it's another step and small expense. Plus you ruin one vain you have to replace them all. I've always had to do that anyway. I get my wraps from onestringer.com

I've used blazer wraps for years in bright colors. Helps a lot with arrow recovery in my experience.

Visibility would definitely be one of the reasons I start using them, low light, recovery, blood color, etc. I'll have to check out onestringer.

NAP Quikfletch shoots the same as the factory fletching on my Gold Tip XT Hunters. The white wrap is nice to see blood on and find when I miss the target. The ease and speed of putting new NAP wrap fletching on an arrow is worth it. I find them at Walmart 50% off after bow season ends (at least in Butte, MT)

I stay away from white wraps and fletch. I have had deer pick out the white wraps from a quiver full of arrows from a long way off. I switched to a hunter orange color and haven't had an issue.

I stay away from white wraps and fletch. I have had deer pick out the white wraps from a quiver full of arrows from a long way off. I switched to a hunter orange color and haven't had an issue.

+1

I've used blaze orange for years. Love it.

I just decided to give wraps a try as well. They definitely help with visibility and are a pain in the butt to off however it makes it easier to prevent yourself from scraping nicks into your shaft when taking off old glue. I decided to go with onestringer wraps after reading a couple of sites. Get a large size and you can cut them in half and get two for the price of one

I used to use the reflective wraps and always had a fletching cover to hide them. Arrow recovery was a big one and reading blood as well, but am not currently running them as I bought 3doz arrows that were already fletched with blazers.

Start building arrows for the first time a few weeks ago. I have used the Boeing wraps and John Dudley nock on wraps.

Nock on wraps are pretty tough to get off, you have to use a razor blade just to get them off the paper. The others are pretty easy.

Visibility and adhesion is one of the reason I have heard.

I used to use the reflective wraps and always had a fletching cover to hide them. Arrow recovery was a big one and reading blood as well, but am not currently running them as I bought 3doz arrows that were already fletched with blazers.

I think you got that idea from me. Or I got it from you. Whatever. I use the 3m reflective tape you get at the auto parts store. Cheap like me and it sure works.

A lot of good points and ideas to ponder guys. I like the idea of cutting them in half to double my investment, and the thought of going blaze makes sense. Any differences in flight out past 50-60? Im assuming the little loss in foc with grains gained in the back of the arrow wouldn't even be noticeable.

I've used them in the past, but I'm not gonna use them again. I haven't found them to be as useful as I thought they would be.

I like all white fletchings and nocks. I've never had an issue with them.

I use reflective wraps for visibility, & to minimize the scraping when I need to re-fletch. Generally always run a fletching cover.

I think wraps are great but make sure to buy high quality ones and rub isopropyl alcohol over them (or aae makes alcohol wipes) liberally before applying any fletchings. Ive had issues with vanes at times coming off (not because of poor glue) because the ink or grime didnt allow for proper adhesion. High quality wraps are great. Dudley has great wraps.

I think you got that idea from me. Or I got it from you. Whatever. I use the 3m reflective tape you get at the auto parts store. Cheap like me and it sure works.

I have never had trad arrows without the reflective wraps, those wood colored arrows disappear too easy! Adding weight to the backend increases the spine of the arrow as well in case anyone needs that. That was one reason I ran them as well...

wraps are nice when for you ruin a vane. just peel, wipe down with alcohol and ready to refletch. vanes also seem to stick better too. weighed a 0.95"x4" onestringer wrap last night at a little over 5 grains.

Well after hearing from you guys I think Ill be going down to purchase some arrow wraps to try out. Thanks for helping me make up my mind!

I've used wraps for a long time. I got the wraps for free by contacting a local sign shop. They gave me a stack of vinyl scraps that I've been using for almost 15 years and I still have a lot left.

I like wraps because they help me see where my shot goes and it makes fletching easier.

Back