Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Arrow explosion

NickCNC

My boss, who also hunts and uses a bow, bought me some gold tip 500 spine arrows for xmas (cuz thats what he uses with his 45lb draw and swears by). I shoot cx maxima hunters 350 spine, with a 70lb draw. My question is, if use these and try em out, is my 70lb draw gonna absolutely blow these thinner wall arrows to shreds?

As someone who has witnessed a light weight arrow shattering as it was released from a heavy poundage bow, I personally wouldn't try it. Carbon fiber arrows are very difficult to remove from ones forearm and multiple surgeries are required to remove all the fibers and clean the infections that will ensue.

I'd use the correct spine. Not worth taking chances, unless you have good insurance and don't mind ending up like:

15206679.jpg

^That...at best gonna have done serious porpoising happening. Or as my buddy says- that’s gonna fly with a hump in er’

Thanks gents, ill regift to my step-son, he shoots 40lb. Dont know why indidnt think of it earlier. Probably cuz he prefers his crossbow lol

they will fly like shit., shoot correct spine for your bow. id even go up to 300

I bought my bow at a local archery shop that, from what I understand, has a great reputation. I bought a brand new (back in 2015 or so) 65# compound bow there and they got it all setup with accessories, arrows and such. Knowing very little about arrows, I just bought what they suggested (gold tip pro hunter, I believe). Fast forward to this past year when I started looking more into arrows and decided to move to a heavier arrow with a stiffer spine than they one they sold me, which was a 500 spine. I went to the shop and he said not only are they cut too short for them to even cut new ones at that length, I'm lucky one didn't shatter with my draw weight. When confronted with the fact that they cut and sold me those arrows that were dangerous, they just shrugged.

I'm glad my hand didn't end up like the above pictures. Could've used a warning about the pictures I was about to see haha. Not sure why looking at a gutted animal seems less chilling than those hand shots.

Shooting to weak of a spine is like dry firing your bow. Not only can the arrow come apart but you can ruin your bow as well

As already meantioned - PLEASE don't shoot a 500 spined GT out of your setup... It's just a matter of time before someting bad would happen.. Sounds like your son can make great use of them - that's the route to go for sure!

Research folks! Every arrow manufacturer has their arrow tune chart online. If your capable of getting on here, you’re capable of finding that.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
winchester 73
Back