Arrow balance

A-con

What do you know about balanceing your arrows ?
Object, a 400 gr hunting arrow, 29" draw;

Are you better off with a light shaft (275 gr) and a heaver broadhead (125 gr) or a heaver shaft (325 gr) and a lighter broadhead ( 75 gr)

Just follow the charts put out by the arrow manufacturers. Pick your range of draw weight and broadhead first, then the arrow. IMO, balance is less important than proper stiffness. The arrow must flex around the bow properly for good flight.

When you change the point weight of your arrow you also change the arrow spine or stiffness. What 1 pointer said about the arrow chart will work for you most of the time, you can see it online at easton archery web site. If you are talking about arrow balance or (front of center) there are some guidelines on this. YOu can see good info and figure your arrow balance at the address below. An arrow that is slightly weight forward will stabilize quicker and arrow flight will be better. I usually try and get around a 10% (forward or front of center) percentage. Hope this helps you out.
Tony

http://wso.net/lmariana/foc.htm

Stay calm and pick a spot!

Dan,

As far as balance goes, the only thing that matters is that balance is front of center. If balance point is rear of center then arrow flight will be erratic

Pick out a correctly spined shaft and put on a 100 or 125 grain 3 blade and you should get correct good flight. Remember, with broadheads POI is often different.

I've always been of the opinion to have my archery set up very simple. 2 or 3 pins, minimize moving parts on rest and other accessories.

I shoot a 29" aluminum 2413 arrow with 100 grain Thunderheads and have been very satisfied with it.

T

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back