Arizona points only

Magnum Sherpa

Does anyone know if there is a period during the summer when you can just buy an Arizona bonus point (similar to what WY does with preference points)? I thought I read on the Insider that this is the case, but what I read on the Arizona Fish and Game website led me to believe that you had to apply for a point before the regular application period closes in February.

Don't quote me but i think you only can during the draw time. Better do it now before its to late, I think the 9th is deadline.

Don't quote me but i think you only can during the draw time. Better do it now before its to late, I think the 9th is deadline.

This is correct. There is no point only option in the summer like Wyoming. Also, you have to buy the license for $160 or so to buy points.

Arizona does have another draw in the summer, but it is for deer and sheep. To get the elk and antelope point, you need to apply in the February draw.

How much is the otc deer tag on top of the hunting license?I'm planning a Jan trip for coues,but haven't looked up all the license fees.Might as well buy now and get an elk point

How much is the otc deer tag on top of the hunting license?I'm planning a Jan trip for coues,but haven't looked up all the license fees.Might as well buy now and get an elk point

$300. But the non-permit (AZ's name for OTC) tags go by the calendar year, so don't buy it until you get out here next January.

Anybody know what a person's department ID is if it is not their Social? Is it just some randomly generated number? I've applied for dessert bighorn in the past, so I should have one, but can't seem to guess what it is, or recall making one.

Anybody know what a person's department ID is if it is not their Social? Is it just some randomly generated number? I've applied for dessert bighorn in the past, so I should have one, but can't seem to guess what it is, or recall making one.

Mine is just a random number. Might have to call the game and fish to get it. I don't know if there is any way to figure out what it is on your own...

Back