Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Arizona over the counter

Seahawksfan0613

I am thinking about buying an over the counter elk tag in Arizona, it limited access, limited area, but long season. Has anyone had luck with the limited access tags in AZ. New to AZ.

Those are tough hunts with very little elk in the units and sometimes none. Since you are in AZ I would go for it if you are close by one of the hunt areas. I know some guys that do these hunts and have success but are locals. If you live far away from one of these hunts, I would stick to the OTC archery deer tags. Probably have more success with those hunts and will see some deer.

Unless you have a ton of time on your hands it’s hard. Like mentioned, if you’re a local or can be in the area a lot you stand a chance. Don’t go into it thinking you’ll kill an elk. Go into to be outside. If you do that you’ll have a good time

Those are tough hunts with very little elk in the units and sometimes none. Since you are in AZ I would go for it if you are close by one of the hunt areas. I know some guys that do these hunts and have success but are locals. If you live far away from one of these hunts, I would stick to the OTC archery deer tags. Probably have more success with those hunts and will see some deer.
Thank you, yes in AZ, but don´t have archery gear.

I took up archery because of OTC deer. You can get a good initial setup with starter bow, arrows, and release for $500-600. Find a club near you and you can probably get a rental or loaner to try it out.

Think long and hard about it. Just returned from the Kaibab Plateau and the elk season is open there. The best part is you have the woods to yourself. There were only a handful of hunters. The difficult truth is that finding one is almost impossible. This summer I have been running trail cameras in preparation for the early mule deer season. Zero elk pictures. It seemed like a great idea to me until this experience. It seems like the limited opportunity hunts are a better deal. You still must draw the tag but it's the same principal with more elk. Lots of amazing deer on the cameras though.

Attachments

• Burn buck  b 2019.JPG
    Burn buck b 2019.JPG
    1.9 MB · Views: 11
  • Four Bye 6.JPG
    Four Bye 6.JPG
    1 MB · Views: 11
  • Wide Buck 5.JPG
    Wide Buck 5.JPG
    820.4 KB · Views: 11
Caribou Gear

Latest posts