arizona coues tags

RAM4GORD

do they have leftover rifle tags after the draw or is there a second draw Thx Gord

The Southern units normally have left over tags for the early hunts. Usually around end of Oct and the 1st week of Nov. dates. Will be warm to HOT and the the masses will be out, Mostly Tucson and Southern Az locals. As uaual the key is to be in position before well before dawn with a high vantage point to glass from. And the farther away from the crowds the better. It also wouldnt hurt to let the crowds work in your favor and play dog for you. Its a tough hunt with steep hills, rock under foot every step, and a thorn on every plant to stick ya, but IMHO hunting Coues deer is the poor mans sheep hunt and my 2nd favorite hunt next to rutting Elk. go for it

these are awesome hunts. the large number of leftover tags are due to the many illegals. i've seen quite a few but never had any type of problem

Many years ago when I lived in Az, a guy could get a left-over December tag if you did not draw a northern mulie tag. Those days appear to be gone forever. I hunted the Coues twice when I lived there and that was some of the funest hunting that I have ever done. They are no joke to hunt-especially if you are looking for a trophy. Southern Az is beautiful, rough country.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CCEAB
Back