Are you stupid? Fecl's here to help, introducing Feclnogn Daily Thread to make you s

feclnogn

next to the rock over by the tree on the other sid
mart.

In order to impruv the intelygnce of the hunttalk forum I, feclnogn have decyded to make you foulks smarter. I will now post a daily thread that shuld make every1 smart and =

todays topac is,

Stacked, Packed Nanowires Hold Triplexed Megadata

A novel transistor architecture using molecular-scale nanowire memory cells holds the promise of unprecedently compact data storage.

Memory on a nanowire: Simulation of memory cells holding 3 bits of data each formed spontaneously on an indium oxide nanowire by a process created at the USC Viterbi School of Engineering and the NASA Ames Research Center. (Image courtesy University Of Southern California)

What's Related
Using Packed Silver Nanowires As Sensitive Explosives Detector

Nanowire-Based Electronics And Optics Comes One Step Closer

Self-assembled Nanocells Function As Non-volatile Memory

> more related stories

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Related sections: Matter & Energy
Computers & Math

Researchers at the University of Southern California and the NASA Ames Research Center have successfully tested a self-assembled molecular memory device they say has the potential of holding 40 Gigabits per square centimeter -- a far greater density than any achieved on silicon.

Furthermore, says Chongwu Zhou, an assistant professor in the USC Viterbi School department of electrical engineering, because of the self-assembly feature, such ultra dense memory devices can likely be cheaper than the silicon flash memories now widely used in digital cameras, "memory sticks" and other applications.

According to a recent paper by Zhou and his group in Applied Physics Letters describing the technology, the density is achieved by the nanoscale (one millionth of a millimeter) size of the building blocks used,

( Ten nanometers is 0.0000004 inch; an average bacterium is about 1000 nanometers long; the smallest known virus about 20 nanometers long).

Full smart storie hear

Share the love, not your wives

And for some reason I was thinking Ten nanometers was .0000025 of an inch. What do you know, you learn something new every day.

I can't wait until tomorrows Feclnogn Daily Thread!

Stacked, Packed Nanowires Hold Triplexed Megadata

Those stacked, packed nanowires sound kinda like the plastic thingy that holds a six pack together. I feel smarter already. ;)
Doug

I need one of those...

Hmmm???????? Only 10 nonometers long.. imagine that something smaller that Moosie's .. Nevermind.. Let's just say it leaves more room in the ol' soup pot..

Thanks Fecl..

:cool:

I am really trying to be smarter by reading this, but I am having trouble. As soon as I read 'Stacked, Packed Nanowires' I keep seeing the word 'mammories' in place of 'nanowires'. I blame this on growing up at the foot of the 'Tetons'.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Stravic
Back