Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Arcteryx gamma LT hoody

DanWyo

Hello brain trust-

I was recently gifted a Gamma LT hoody. It looks pretty awesome. I run hot, but would appreciate the wind/rain/brush protection. But...it’s black. I hunt NW Wyoming rifle and archery. Peloton 240 is my outer layer—thinking this would add protection as above.

Am I nuts to keep it if it’s black? I’ve read all the threads I can find on camo and solids. I know camo isn’t make it or break it, but I don’t want to disadvantage myself (especially being new to all this).

I also thought about selling it to buy a jetstream, but it seems redundant with the peloton.
Thanks for the help!

I probably wouldn’t sit in a treestand with a blue jacket... probably wouldn’t wear a blue jacket for bow hunting elk...

Otherwise, I have no anecdotal evidence jacket color matters.

It's a sweet coat, I'd be hard pressed to get rid of it. It you hunt an old burn it's great camo!

Well, I did decide to sell this. Let me know if you’re interested and I can shoot you some pics.

A friend's dad growing up was a guide in Alaska, he swore by black being the best solid color to wear. Wyoming is a little different but I wouldn't let that stop you because Arcteryx is the best!

Back