Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Archery Elk Colorado GMU 7,8,9,19 and 191

Fishtalkeroutdoors

Archery Hunting Elk areas 7,8,9,19 and 191 been scouting all month at Tree Line Cameron Pass, Sheep Pass , Bull Mountain haven't seen any Elk not looking for a monster cow our bull will work. Anyone seeing elk in these areas?

Attachments

• IMG_20190825_214921_417.jpg
    IMG_20190825_214921_417.jpg
    229.2 KB · Views: 76
Are you seeing sign? I don't look for elk when I scout, I look for fresh tracks and crap. You find those, you've found where the elk are.
Oh, and pics are better when you smile, jus sayin

I will pull my maps tonight and let you know. We hunted southwest of Deadman Tower and found elk. Also came into Rahwah Wilderness from the north and found elk right along the boundary of the FS/Rawah
No elk in the Rawahs... nope, none😉

I pulled a left over muzzy cow tag for the same area. I will be there from the 13th-21st. I will be hunting from WY line down to wilderness. Just a fun hunt for me and my son. Bets of luck...if I see anything besides a cow, I will pas son the info. When will you be there?

I pulled a left over muzzy cow tag for the same area. I will be there from the 13th-21st. I will be hunting from WY line down to wilderness. Just a fun hunt for me and my son. Bets of luck...if I see anything besides a cow, I will pas son the info. When will you be there?
This weekend and every weekend through September tell I fill my tag our the season closes. If I find them Ill let you know

There's alot of elk in those units. I scouted a couple weeks ago and jumped 9 decent bulls in a day. Move slow pay attention they are there just are a little quieter then normal from my experience. Find bedding areas and watch them in early afternoon.

There's alot of elk in those units. I scouted a couple weeks ago and jumped 9 decent bulls in a day. Move slow pay attention they are there just are a little quieter then normal from my experience. Find bedding areas and watch them in early afternoon.
Dang Ive been hiking to timberline and haven't seen nothing over 60 miles all together maybe Im just to load been all the way from bluelake to Montgomery pass to trap park. Mainly area 7 and a coner of 19 maybe I'm just moving too fast. Thanks for the help

Did you ever find elk in unit 7? I'm studying the adjacent area (8) for an archery elk hunt for 2020.

Did you ever find elk in unit 7? I'm studying the adjacent area (8) for an archery elk hunt for 2020.
Busy area given the proximity to people. You really need to focus on the portions of the unit that are most difficult for humans to access. That means away from roads, steep elevation (dropping elevation as well as going up), blow down timber, and spots isolated by private land.

PEAX Trekking Poles

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back