Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Archery Education Course

Wild Bill

Just wondering if there is an online archery ed course that is preferred or most recognized by the majority of western states? I got into the archery game late and never took an archery ed course seeing as at the time it wasn't required by the state I was living in. Now looking into doing more archery out west and will be moving to CO in May so I'd like to get it out of the way. Thanks in advance for the info guys.

I think you'll find that states that honor/host an online bow hunter course (like the MT FWP link Gerald shared) require a field day qualifier. I think MT also allow you to sign an affidavit stating you have had an archery license in a state.

Last edited:
Has CO changed? Bowhunter Ed used to not be required just hunter ed.

I found 90% of the MT course worthless - mostly about how to dress etc. Here is one of the "gems" I picked up:

Think of the rhyme "Red Fred in the Shed" to remember how to face north. As you perform the steps below, remember the following.

• To face north, move your body–not the compass.
  • Think of the red magnetic needle as "red Fred."
  • Think of "N" (the north indicator) as the "shed."
  • Follow these steps to face north.
    • Twist the dial until N is lined up with the direction-of-travel arrow.
    • Keep the compass level as you point the direction-of-travel arrow directly away from your waist.
    • Keeping the compass in the same position with your body, turn your body until the red needle aligns with the N (think of it as putting "red Fred in the shed"). You now face north.

I think it's funny that I've archery hunted in 11 states, but to go back home and bow hunt in NY state I need a bowhunter ed course :confused:

Alaska does not require a bowhunters ed certificate to bowhunt on a general tag, but if it is an archery only tag you have to be certified. The system is complicated and different for each state. Uniformity, in the education requirements across states would be great! Most states are reciprocal!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back