Decent Antelope
Respectable Bull Elk
Need a Rio Turkey
Fish with my wife in Alaska
Fish with my wife for tarpon
32" walleye
Color phase bear
Shoot a moose

If I could do that, I would make a new list and keep hunting!!!

I've done a few things on my Bucket List
Mountain lion
Gauge slam with turkeys in WI (410-28-20-16-12) all 870 pump guns

But I have a few more things to do.

Decent Antelope
Respectable Bull Elk
Need a Rio Turkey
Fish with my wife in Alaska
Fish with my wife for tarpon
32" walleye
Color phase bear
Shoot a moose

If I could do that, I would make a new list and keep hunting!!!
Whats a decent antelope? Always curious. Growing up in southern wy made me really numb to what a trophy was. I should have hunted a lot more mule deer and antelope...

primary hunting goal is a freezer as full as i can get it every year. doesn't really matter what with.

after that, it's just being outside.

I started thinking more about this and I realize many of our answers are not arbitrary. They are reasoned and logical.

If I were out trying to reach my well-reasoned goals, some arbitrary goals would be to:

~Find a bull elk deadhead that I can confidently say could have died from old age.

~Find a BHS deadhead anywhere.

~Meet a HuntTalker while afield.

~Run into the Meateater or Fresh Tracks guys while afield. (Met Dale Evans at gas station. Both of us ON THE WAY to the woods 🤣 I got close to crossing this one off 😜)

~ I’m sure I’ll think of more….

I just want to be able to continue to kill deer, elk, and antelope near my hometown every year. I feel like transplants, influencers, and non-residents are slowly taking that away.

My Western hunting goal was to hunt elk with my bow as a 'hunt of a life time'. Now I'm on to my eight trip this Oct.

I hope to hunt as many states as I can - done MT, ID, WY, CO, AB. And looking to add UT, AZ, OR and NM over the next few years with my son.

Here in New Zealand I try and have 3 successful rut hunts a year for either red stag, fallow buck, sika stag, wapiti bull or tahr bull. The rest of the year I like to keep the freeze full.

Most of my hunting goals can be summed up in become increasingly proficient at hunting public lands in my own state and take a trip of two out west each year. I hope to shoot decent representatives of several species over my lifetime as I draw tags or opportunities present themselves.

I would love to hunt sheep in the breaks. I doubt I will ever draw and at this point honestly I would rather one of my boys drew and I could tag along.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Montana WSF
Back