AR dot sights

I no a couple guys who have used Eotech and used them in sum of the most dangerous countries in the world and trust there lives with them... And in there line of duty they could of used what ever they wanted... They have both said U cant go wrong with aimpoint either... But there preference is Eotech... What ever U decide train with it as much as U can....

AR 1x RDS options are basically this:

1. Aimpoint T2
2. Aimpoint Comp M5
3. Trijicon MRO/Aimpoint Pro/EOTech*

The Aimpoint T2 has a really refined dot, is extremely light weight/compact, and has a 50,000 hr battery life.
The Aimpoint Comp M5 has a really refined dot, is a little bigger, and has a 50,000 hr battery life.
The Aimpoint PRO and MRO have a quality dot, but are a little larger. The MRO is less tube-y, but the parallax on it is worse. Both have a 50,000 hr battery life.
The EOTEch has the MOST refined reticle of all of them. It's battery life is about 1000 hrs, but it has an autoshutoff.

50k hours works out to about 5 years of battery life, 1000 hours is a about a month and a half. If you want to leave the dot on 24 hours a day for years, EOTech is not your best bet.

After running a 1-10 LPVO I may never go back to anything else. 1x, illuminated, it's everything a basic red dot will get you. Crank it up to 6, 8, or 10x, no illum, it's as good as any longer range optic for lazy zeroing, yotes, plinking, whatever. I picked up a Sightmark because it was actually available, but there are many options out there.

After running a 1-10 LPVO I may never go back to anything else. 1x, illuminated, it's everything a basic red dot will get you. Crank it up to 6, 8, or 10x, no illum, it's as good as any longer range optic for lazy zeroing, yotes, plinking, whatever. I picked up a Sightmark because it was actually available, but there are many options out there.

I run a 1-8 and agree with you 100%. The advantage of a red dot is that it's significantly lighter, and it's a more forgiving presentation, but you can be extremely fast on a true 1x illuminated LPVO.

EEWRA9V.jpg

I have a Meopta Meostar in 1-4X22 and 1-6X24 that would be a great AR or lever gun scope. Demo units that are well below a dealer cost. PM me if anyone is interested,

So far I'm very happy with the way this project turned out. Lots of frustrations due to not know how everything went together but the gun runs well. Took it to the range today for a first workout. Got it running well at 50 on paper, took a couple shots a 100 on paper and then started ringing steel at 200 with iron sights:

IMG_1863.JPG

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Crookhunt
Back