APR Blue Ridge Opportunity

Flatbrimmer

Everyone that successfully drew all the different breaks tags got this invitation to apply.. is this the first year doing this or has anyone drawn that opportunity in the past? I read that the APR is legal to hunt via the block management system but when I was there I saw NO sign in boxes..? Obviously On OnX it shows private so I’m so confused as to what’s actually legal to access. I requested a map from the APR but it says give a few weeks. Anyone that has a better idea lemme know!

Not the first year, and there are sign in boxes for parts/some of the APR properties. Access is handled differently depending on the property.

Get the block management booklet from the FWP when its available it will have all the details.

The hunting managers name and number is on their website. Don't expect access to the best places. At least with a bull tag. mtmuley

Not sure where you were, but the area you’re talking about is well marked both in OnX and with sign-in boxes. Not that hard to figure out..there’s been plenty of company the past two years.

Most of their property in the area is in Block. This Blue Ridge deal is the same as last year. They just acquired that property two years ago. They also allow walk through access from Blue Ridge to public although I’m not sure how long that will last if folks continue to be too stupid to follow the rules. Seriously irritating how many people flouted the laws in that country last year.

Just sharing my experience. You didn't fix anything. mtmuley
Yes, I did...

They don't allow cow hunting on Blue Ridge for adults, but do allow bull hunting.

You're uninformed.

I'll give you 3 guesses where this bull was shot last year...first two guesses don't count.

IMG_20201030_121659620_HDR.jpg

Two years ago APR denied me access in 622 to a place I wanted to hunt. Happy your Dad got that bull. mtmuley

Private and public property that is creating the largest wildlife refuge in the lower 48 they say.. for 8 years have allowed the public to access.. but half you say yay, the other half say nay… guess I’ll have to just go risk it for the biscuit cuz nobody really knows.. I’ll talk to the professionals at the HQ

Attachments

• 97265969-8AF6-4DDC-AC10-A6762862D59C.png
    97265969-8AF6-4DDC-AC10-A6762862D59C.png
    418.5 KB · Views: 18
Okay so im still confused I think… is only the BMA style areas of the APR legal to hunt? Or is ALL APR legal to hunt? Maybe a dumb question, but it boasts a ton of public and it doesn’t near match what the rest of the CMR provides.. Even if portions owned by American prairie are private; blue ridge itself is a type 1 BMA. Where’s the actual special mngmt area?

Does anybody have any photos or stories they care to share from their experience hunting elk on the Blue Ridge Special Management Area? Was it a good experience or bad experience? Maybe what you liked or did not like and any recommendations for doing so? My brother drew access for three days and am just looking to gather information. I have spent a lot of time in the breaks but on the South Side and not the North side. I know all about the gumbo and controversy surrounding APR. Just trying to gather information about the hunt. Thanks!

Does anybody have any photos or stories they care to share from their experience hunting elk on the Blue Ridge Special Management Area? Was it a good experience or bad experience? Maybe what you liked or did not like and any recommendations for doing so? My brother drew access for three days and am just looking to gather information. I have spent a lot of time in the breaks but on the South Side and not the North side. I know all about the gumbo and controversy surrounding APR. Just trying to gather information about the hunt. Thanks!
Bring hiking boots...

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Higbee
Back