Applying for a doe tag after applying for buck tag

GBHUNTER

I have applied in Wyoming as a party organizer for a buck tag. I now want to apply for a doe tag in the same unit but want to make sure that if I don't draw my buck tag I will also not draw a doe tag. Does anyone know the proper way to do this in the Wyoming draw? To be clear, my odds of drawing are very high but I just want to make sure I do this the correct way on Wyoming's website. Thanks for the help everyone. This will be my first Wyoming antelope hunt and my first rifle hunt. Looking forward to it.

If it's your first 'lope hunt you should go either way - doe and bucks are equally tasty and it is great learning. But yes, there is a checkbox option per wyoelkfan15.

I think the proper way is to check the opt out box on your Type 1 application. I can't remember seeing that option on the reduced price application.

Me, myself, I would hunt on just doe tags if that's all I got. But I am essentially a meat hunter but bringing home a trophy is nice just that I don't personally go out of my way to get a trophy. Now to answer your question, what the others posted is correct. You can opt out of the drawing if your first choice type I license is not drawn.

Thanks for the responses everyone. I have pronghorn hunted twice in Nebraska with Archery equipment and was successful one year. I am after additional meat as well which is why I am looking into doe tags. If I don't draw my type 1 tag then I would rather do another hunt all together. Thanks again everyone.

It's only been a few years but I sure wish I had a do over on this photo. HAHAHAHAH

Attachments

• pronghorn.jpg
    pronghorn.jpg
    63.1 KB · Views: 49
Does anyone know if this can be done as well if you put a type 2 license as your first choice?

Does anyone know if this can be done as well if you put a type 2 license as your first choice?

Type 2 and type 6 and 8 are separate drawings, then the second choice options are drawn. If type 2 is your first choice, as a nonresident, you would get a preference point if not drawn. I am not sure how that follows for the second choice as I am a resident and never had to deal with it. If you put in for type 6 or 8 separately and not as a second choice, you will be considered in the drawing for those license UNLESS you opt out. There should be a checkbox for that. If you don't see it, call the G&F main number and ask them. My info may not be 100% but I do have a nonresident hunting buddy so I what I know is trying to get him tagged up so he can fly from Texas and hunt with me.

The answer to your question is yes. Applying for full price antelope license (types 1 and 2) will allow you to check a box that removes your doe (type 6 or 7) apps if you don’t draw the buck tag.

I will not engage in some of the comments posted here, but it is important that you do your own homework and ask for help after you get stumped. What is a good area for me might not be a good area for you. Some areas you need a guide, others you need access to horses and llamas, and yet others might require resources you may or may not have. Pick an area based on your research and go for it. The area I hunt in, I am on private on an inactive oil lease with permission and have access to horses. Many areas are very rough, yet some are mostly rolling hills with steep canyons and ravines. Get comfortable with one area and stick with it if you can and your success will improve over time if you follow all other rules and hints on hunting.

I will not engage in some of the comments posted here, but it is important that you do your own homework and ask for help after you get stumped. What is a good area for me might not be a good area for you. Some areas you need a guide, others you need access to horses and llamas, and yet others might require resources you may or may not have. Pick an area based on your research and go for it. The area I hunt in, I am on private on an inactive oil lease with permission and have access to horses. Many areas are very rough, yet some are mostly rolling hills with steep canyons and ravines. Get comfortable with one area and stick with it if you can and your success will improve over time if you follow all other rules and hints on hunting.

I think you might be posting a reply to the wrong thread. This isn't about choosing an area. Thanks though.

I think you might be posting a reply to the wrong thread. This isn't about choosing an area. Thanks though.

Ooops, yer right. Should of been a thread where someone asked about good areas for general tags. What I get for using an iphone to respond LOL

Reactions: LCH

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back