Anyone running down pants or insulated pants?

I carry puffy pants for long glassing sessions. Mine are military surplus and cost 25 bucks. Full side zips, primaloft insulation, and not too much heavier than the high end brands. I love all my sitka and first lite stuff, but these mil surp pants are pretty nice.

I carry puffy pants for long glassing sessions. Mine are military surplus and cost 25 bucks. Full side zips, primaloft insulation, and not too much heavier than the high end brands. I love all my sitka and first lite stuff, but these mil surp pants are pretty nice.
I like that idea and price!

That would be super easy.
I bought a pair at $25. I measured the “Large/regular” at a 53” waist. I’m a 32. I cut them down to size, removed the Velcro, zippers, tags, loops, and elastic, then sewed the panels back together. 7 hrs total. They weigh half of the original product, and fit inside my size 34 Sitka mountain pants. Another option would have been to keep the side zippers and make them big enough to wear over pants but that’s not what I wanted them for. The inseam was about 30” so it would have been better to get the “large/tall” size for wearing over pants.

I bought a pair at $25. I measured the “Large/regular” at a 53” waist. I’m a 32. I cut them down to size, removed the Velcro, zippers, tags, loops, and elastic, then sewed the panels back together. 7 hrs total. They weigh half of the original product, and fit inside my size 34 Sitka mountain pants. Another option would have been to keep the side zippers and make them big enough to wear over pants but that’s not what I wanted them for. The inseam was about 30” so it would have been better to get the “large/tall” size for wearing over pants.
That's awesome, I'm just learning to sew again and building some gear. I think I'm going to modify mine a little. I would like to change out the zippers, modify so they dont totally zip off, and integrate a belt.

I usual run in shorts. 🤣🤣

I wear 350 merino long johns.

anyone have first hand experience with these puffy pants? the 70 Denier seems it would hold up better than the top brands:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back