Anyone Hunting With A 270 Creedmoor?

❣️ Wow! Thank you for your offer!
17 Remington?
There are very few shops that sell firearms and ammunition where I am.
Paying a hazmat fee for shipping to Hawaii is cost prohibitive, so specialty ammunition is not feasible. I’ll make a few calls tomorrow and see if anyone carries that caliber.

I had actually looked into Sako but no dealer here is a distributor.
I am not a big guy and need a length of pull at 13 1/2 or under. My 270 Winchester feather weight with its thin rubber recoil pad at 13 3/4 is a bit long for me. I wasn’t paying attention when the grow pills were being passed out during the ninth grade 🤣

About reloading, I don’t know how the situation is in Montana, but here it’s buy whatever’s on the shelves and hopefully find the rest of the components. It’s where I am right now as a beginning reloader.
Very limited powders and no small rifle primers to be found....or small pistol, large pistol, large rifle. I became interested in reloading at the wrong time.

Went to check out the local store here yesterday. No exotic ammunition. Not even 223, 30-30 and 243! Lots of 270 and 6.5 creedmoor. Thank you for your consideration but I’m going to have to buy something that I can readily find ammunition for.
I did give Mr. Olson a call the other day and was given a rough estimate for a new stock. The dealer in Texas suggested that I take delivery of the rifle, then send it out to restock if I still wanted to, mainly for an inspection and warranty. Hopefully taking delivery by mid March. I already bought the last Leupold 2-10 in stock when I did the ammunition check. The only game on this island are sparse numbers of feral sheep, even less Mouflon hybrids, Spanish goats, but lots of feral hogs.
I do realize that the 270 and 6.5 creedmoor are very similar but...🙄

:oops::ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO: "Readily find ammunition for"..:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

Ohhh, that's a good one!!!

Yeah, you kinda picked a bad time to start into reloading. Not only are powders, components scarce, the reloading tools themselves are getting scarce.

Coworker bought 2 boxes of Blaser 9mm the other day at $42 a box. :eek:
Was told ammo prices getting ready to seriously jump starting next month. :oops:

When i asked him why he bought them, after hearing him complain about the price to begin with, his response was that they had them.

As to the original post, nice rifle!
And 270 Win for coyotes, or just about anything is still a darn good cartridge!
My prefered for coyotes is my Stevens 200 rebarreled to 250 Savage with either the Sierra 75gr HP Varminter, or the 90gr BlitzKing.
Although i've used my 7mm Rem Mag with 154gr SST before.
Depends on if you want to save the pelt or not. ;)

Last edited:
Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back