Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Anyone hunted WY GMU 63? Pointed questions.

Epfd217

Good early morning Hunt Talkers. I've been searching for first hand hunt experience in this zone, but so far coming up empty. It seems most of the things I find don't answer my questions.We will be in the Shoshone NF. within zone 63, but outside the Wilderness. Our plan now is to hunt from the truck with gear to spike out on the right opportunity.

So, I'm most curious about hunt pressure, both from locals and from the outfitters. While there is roughly 20-25 square miles of non-wilderness, about half is somewhat accessible from roads. I have identified a couple of drainages I like and some features therein, but I'm slightly concerned with the hunting pressure. The info I've gotten from the usual G&P contacts was fairly generic.

I've found web info about two outfitters who work inside the wilderness areas. Thats fine by me. I shouldn't be crowding their travel route either. I just know that bow season for deer will be open too.

We leave in a couple days, If anyone has hunted this and would care to help that would be awesome. We have cow tags. Just looking to fill the freezer from the mountainside.

Thanks!

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Iceman1992
Back