anyone hunted tur in russia

kiwi hunter

im looking at eastern and mid caucasian,,just having a bit of trouble finding someone there at a reasonable price,,txks in advance

When would you be looking to do it? What do they typically charge? I think I heard of an aussie doing it but was pushing $10k, don't quote me on that though.

When would you be looking to do it? What do they typically charge? I think I heard of an aussie doing it but was pushing $10k, don't quote me on that though.
2020 because im now 70 n need to get it done soonest,,ive got a price which is reasonable at 8k for both but need confirmation,,fingers crossed

2020 because im now 70 n need to get it done soonest,,ive got a price which is reasonable at 8k for both but need confirmation,,fingers crossed

If that's 8k for both eastern and mid Caucasian tur, that is very reasonable. I hunted Dagestan Tur in Azerbaijan for 10k in 2017 when I was 71. 30-40 years ago I did quite a few Bighorn and Dall sheep and Mountain goat hunts, and that Tur hunt was probably the hardest hunt that I've ever done. I've watched several shows on the outdoor channels where the hunters tapped out on their Tur hunts because it is so steep and hard hunting. I hunted with Mirbala Manafov of Extreme Mountain Hunts, Ltd. Russia was just on the other side of the divide in the area we were hunting.
eAywXg4l.jpg

If that's 8k for both eastern and mid Caucasian tur, that is very reasonable. I hunted Dagestan Tur in Azerbaijan for 10k in 2017 when I was 71. 30-40 years ago I did quite a few Bighorn and Dall sheep and Mountain goat hunts, and that Tur hunt was probably the hardest hunt that I've ever done. I've watched several shows on the outdoor channels where the hunters tapped out on their Tur hunts because it is so steep and hard hunting. I hunted with Mirbala Manafov of Extreme Mountain Hunts, Ltd. Russia was just on the other side of the divide in the area we were hunting.
eAywXg4l.jpg
nice tur,,n love your rifle,,walnut brings out the best in looks
its very similar to our tahr country but having said that they do come down real low at certain times of the year,,sept to end of dec
ive seen videos of the guides putting hunters onto tur in the forested areas so think they will be similar

Thanks kiwi. The Caucasus Mountains are just as steep as your Southern Alps only drier and with much less vegetation. The Tur do come down into the forest in the winter. When was there, they were high in the peaks.

My rifle in that pic is a .300 Weatherby Vanguard that I re-stocked in AA Fancy Claro Walnut and I hand checkered it with my favorite multi-panel, wrap around pattern that I've put on 4 of my rifles. I did use that rifle in your beautiful country for a Tahr, Stag, Fallow, and an Arapawa ram. Here's a pic of that rifle in on a fence post in my front yard...
nIydQfUl.jpg

PEAX Trekking Poles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back