Anyone have experience with the new Weatherby rifles coming out of Wyoming?

G

Guest member 25165

I am interested in possibly purchasing a weatherby rifle, specifically a Mark V weathermark with the bronze cerakote barrel. I haven't made up my mind on which cartridge yet, but I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the guns coming out of Wyoming (fit and finish and accuracy if you can comment on that). Appreciate the comments.

I picked up a Wyoming-made Weatherby Mark V Accumark Pro in a 6.5 Creedmoor a few months ago. I like the stock on it and the action. But barrel is noticeably not aligned well in the barrel channel and the most forward scope mounting screw hole seems to be not fully tapped. I had to get a gizzy to grind down a screw to fit. But I haven't yet mounted the scope so can't comment on accuracy. For a $2K+ rifle I was a bit disappointed -- my Bergaras and Tikkas don't seem to have these sorts of problems at less than half the price.

I picked up a Wyoming-made Weatherby Mark V Accumark Pro in a 6.5 Creedmoor a few months ago. I like the stock on it and the action. But barrel is noticeably not aligned well in the barrel channel and the most forward scope mounting screw hole seems to be not fully tapped. I had to get a gizzy to grind down a screw to fit. But I haven't yet mounted the scope so can't comment on accuracy. For a $2K+ rifle I was a bit disappointed -- my Bergaras and Tikkas don't seem to have these sorts of problems at less than half the price.
Thanks for the honest reply. I hope your gun is a shooter.

I bought a weathermark Lt in 300 weatherby last year (2/20). It has a vx 5 on it and absolutely shoots. I love it. Probably my favorite gun I’ve owned or shot. It made quick work of a bull elk this last fall. My brother just bought one cause he like mine so much.

Any chance you contacted Weatherby about your issues ? Their response would be interesting.

Any chance you contacted Weatherby about your issues ? Their response would be interesting.
I didn't. The barrel still free floats, so I expect that it will still shoot fine. The OP had specifically asked about fit and finish -- on a $500 rifle I wouldn't even blink an eye about 1/16" on the barrel channel, but i just expected a bit more from the Mark V with an AG Composites stock. The screw hole is annoying, but I'd rather spend the 20 minutes to fix it than to go through the hassle of sending it back. As I tried to convey above, I'm not mad, just a bit disappointed.

I am interested in possibly purchasing a weatherby rifle, specifically a Mark V weathermark with the bronze cerakote barrel. I haven't made up my mind on which cartridge yet, but I was wondering if any of you had any experience with the guns coming out of Wyoming (fit and finish and accuracy if you can comment on that). Appreciate the comments.
Check Gun Broker out!

Is the front scope base screw hole above the barrel threads? If you look down the hole can you see the barrel threads? Every Remington 700-style action is this way and requires a shorter screw for that hole. I wouldn’t call that an issue.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Giddyup64
Back