Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Anyone have experience with Rhino Safes?

I have two safes from Rhino metals. First of all with any safe, not just Rhino, don't plan on putting anywhere near as many guns in there as they claim (unless all you have are un-scopped single shots and Red Ryder BB guns). I've had one of the safes for quite a long time, no issues at all, change the battery is the only maintenance it's needed. I just recently got another one and this one has a problem with the lock. If I leave the battery in the lock, it'll be dead the next morning. Rhino Metals responded quickly to my email, but between that lock not being in stock and the shut down due to corona virus, I'm on hold. The battery can be changed from outside the safe and it retains the combination, so just a frustration for now. I'd buy from them again - unless they don't come through on my new lock.

Have a similar size, design, published capacity, and priced safe. Does everything I need it to do. And yes, capacity Is over stated.

I have had one for a year now, an RMEF Banquet win at that, it is the 32 gun model. It’ll hold 20 long guns nicely, the door organizer thing... I don’t think I’d miss it much. I won’t stick my handguns in the pockets, and I use the pouches only because they are there.

I don’t have any experience with other brands, that said I’m pleased with the fit and finish of the metal work. Again I have no experience with any other gun safes, the insides are a bit disappointing. I feel like money was saved inside.
There is a made in USA line that is considered top of the line though, and it might have a very nice interior. But as I opened it was free to me. They treated me like I’d written a $1000 check. First one had some shipping damage, it was “ I’m very sorry to hear that, we will ship immediately“ less than a week I was humping it up the stairs.

I would replace this one with the exact same thing if I need another. As to sizing, QR scope rings help a bunch. Before I’d get some behemoth I’d look at 2 safes that can be much less physically difficult.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ak2021
Back