Anyone have any experience with a TC Encore with a MGM7mag barrel

chevyman181

I'm thinking about get a MGM 7mag barrel for my TC encore. I was wondering if anyone has any experience with one? I want to shoot 165-180gr bullets.

If I decide not to go with this set up, I may sell the whole thing and buy a lesser muzzleloader and bolt gun in 7mm.

Just kicking around ideas and seeing what other folks have had good and bad experience with.

I only get to elk hunt every 3-5 years and muzzle loader tags take about 10-12 years to get here.

Encores are selling for crazy money right now. If you're thinking about getting something else, its a seller's market for sure. Since T/C isn't going to make them anymore, the demand is high. MGM makes a great barrel, and I have no doubt that combo would work great. I like my Encore as a muzzleloader, but I also see the value in a less expensive dedicated muzzleloader and a dedicated rifle, especially here where MZ is limited to iron sights anyway.

I hunted with my encore the 1st time I went to Colorado. I have a factory barrel on a thumbhole stock set. It was a heavy rifle to carry. I shot 162gr Hornady Precision Hunters and they were super accurate. I built a custom Remington 700 and used it to harvest my 1st bull last year also in 7mm rem mag. If you can get an encore, I'd buy it. They are only going to get more expensive.

blacksheep

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back