MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Anyone have a Swift Reloading Manual?

smalls

Just as the title suggests...

I picked up some A-Frames to load into the 7-08 as accubonds have been as rare as jackalope lately. I've read that the A-frames have a harder copper jacket that can cause pressure issues if not careful and finding swift reloading data is kind of a PITA.

Let me know, by PM if you prefer, if you can help out.

Just as the title suggests...

I picked up some A-Frames to load into the 7-08 as accubonds have been as rare as jackalope lately. I've read that the A-frames have a harder copper jacket that can cause pressure issues if not careful and finding swift reloading data is kind of a PITA.

Let me know, by PM if you prefer, if you can help out.
I had my .340 Wby rebarreled, the smith recommended A-Frames for Elk. I bought some 225 grain A-Frames, and loaded them with similar loads as 225 Nosler Partitions that I had been using in the old barrel. Started 10% under what I was loading the Noslers, and safely worked up to the same load-no pressure signs. I think it is a better bullet than the Nosler (it is bonded, Nosler isn't), but didn't shoot the 3/4 inch group the Noslers did. They grouped about an inch. Not satisfied, I ended up working up a load with Barnes 225 TTSX that shoots a half inch, so that's what I'm using now.
As Don Fischer suggested, start at suggested starting load for the bullet weight and proceed.

Back