Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone had a firearm shipped to US from UK?

huntinsonovagun

I’ve had an itch for a “nice” O-U 20ga. I’ve looked at several, and keep coming back to the Citori. I have a $1500-$2500ish budget, but I’m much more of a deer Hunter than shotgunner, so the lower end of the budget is preferred.

All that to say, I’ve been searching all of the online stores and somehow came across several UK sites. Their guns all seem to be much classier than what is available here in the states and the prices seems to be significantly better. I’m just wondering what hoops I may have to jump through and if you guys know of any sites to stay away from or some I should check out.

I haven't but I would suggest you contact one of the sites you found. They may have a list of shops with an import license that would handle it for you - for a price. It would seem that you could not come out any cheaper than finding one here.

That’s what I’m finding out. The UK has an insanely better selection of shotguns (new and used) than what is available here in the states. I haven’t found the exact reason why that is the case though…

You can contact an auction house in the UK like Holts and they can quote the fees to get the firearm shipped to a US FFL. My understanding is that the fees are substantial and would not be economical for an average gun. There would be no savings over the US market for guns available here. Now, if you want to spend 50,000 on a used Purdey, I suppose that would make sense!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back