Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Anyone experience F150 no turn signal, wiper, high beam, cruise

MThuntr

This morning my 2017 f150 wiper blades didn't turn on when the windows defrosted and then I discovered my turn signals, high beams, and cruise didn't work (there may be other items not working but cruise controls are on the steering column). Google suggests it could be a fuse for the steering column control module (SCCM), a faulty SCCM, or the clock spring.

Anyone have experience with this? What did it end up being?

I'm not looking for a Ford vs whatever vehicle your choice is...take that nonsense to Rokslide.

Last edited:
Ford has high beams and cruise control? Didn't know they figured that technology out yet.

Sorry, heading over to Rokslide now......

I bet it is a fuse issue, but hard to say. I'd head to the stealership.

Not those specific issues, but used to use an Expedition for work. Had an equally odd set of things quit working all at once. It was a fuse.

Cheap diagnostics to just replace the fuse and see if it resolves it, or not.

Most likely fuse. But if that's not the problem check your wires. I had a mouse chew up a bunch of wires in my fuse box a little over a year ago. My truck ran, but the dashboard lit up like a christmas tree with errors.

Hmmm, not on that one in particular but just went down the rabbit hole on my 2011F150; no turn signals, no power steering, and “service advancetrac” warning light on. Ended up being the 125amp fuse link atop the battery.
$28 and all mo better now! Good luck to you that it’s as simple a fix.

Many newer vehicles exhibit seemingly unrelated symptoms when the battery is going bad. I would start there.

We have a F-150 at work not sure of the year that has very similar issues. It’s been off and on at the shop for a while now. I think the only solution is to replace it.

I'm admittedly not familiar with newer Fords, so take this FWIW.

Do you have any other buttons on the steering wheel itself, like volume control for example? Test the horn too. I'd think that if anything electric on the steering wheel works you can probably rule out a faulty clockspring as all those electronics usually run through the clocked wires.

Folks sometimes call those SCCMs "combo switches" or "multi switches" if that'll help you dive deeper into the self diagnosis rabbit hole.

I had the exact same problem on the same year Shelby Mustang. If your airbag light isn't on I'd say it's probably not going to be the clock spring.
My issue happened after I disconnected the steering shaft for access to replace the driver side header. My son was sitting in the car playing with the steering wheel and apparently turned it a few hundred times too many 360° which destroyed the wiring, and spring. None of the column nor wheel electronics worked after that, dash displayed check engine, airbag lights etc ...
Dealer replaced everything as a warranty repair since the vehicle had less than 50 miles...and I never mentioned any of the above..
I know this doesn't help you immediately, but I'd open the column and check for a loose connection. I highly doubt you blew that many fuses at the same time

I've been giving Grant a hard time since the day he sold his Tacoma. No way I was passing up this softball.
I'll tell you what. Part of me wishes I would have kept that hunk of junk to be able to sell it for more than I paid for it but after riding in one again last week my legs and back appreciate not having one anymore. I'd consider a Tundra one day once I need to replace the Ford.

I'm admittedly not familiar with newer Fords, so take this FWIW.

Do you have any other buttons on the steering wheel itself, like volume control for example? Test the horn too. I'd think that if anything electric on the steering wheel works you can probably rule out a faulty clockspring as all those electronics usually run through the clocked wires.

Folks sometimes call those SCCMs "combo switches" or "multi switches" if that'll help you dive deeper into the self diagnosis rabbit hole.
I haven't checked the other electronics since I'm at the office but will give it a honk when I leave.

I had the exact same problem on the same year Shelby Mustang. If your airbag light isn't on I'd say it's probably not going to be the clock spring.
My issue happened after I disconnected the steering shaft for access to replace the driver side header. My son was sitting in the car playing with the steering wheel and apparently turned it a few hundred times too many 360° which destroyed the wiring, and spring. None of the column nor wheel electronics worked after that, dash displayed check engine, airbag lights etc ...
Dealer replaced everything as a warranty repair since the vehicle had less than 50 miles...and I never mentioned any of the above..
I know this doesn't help you immediately, but I'd open the column and check for a loose connection. I highly doubt you blew that many fuses at the same time
There were no lights or extra alerts this morning so that may help troubleshoot things.

My daughter is driving a 2008 GMC Sierra, and we've been having a lot of rain. I looked last night and the Left tail light was about half full of rainwater. Didn't take the opportunity to send her to the parts store for Blinker Fluid.

Back