Anyone ever battle tendonitise?

schmalts

Man, i am on my third Cortizone shot in 9 months in my elbow. I gotta start using the other arm hump when i look at Mrs Clintons picture .
Actually they call it "tennis Elbow" and i can tell you it sucks. Anyone ever have to deal with it? Did it go away? I was told it can be chronic for life once you get it. I ignored it and worked through the pain too long and that is a bad thing i was told.

I have an arthritic hip... yep it sucks... I would trade it for an arm.....never had cortizone how does that work for you ... tendonitise is differant than what i have....Good luck they [ medical field] are getting better at fixing this stuff.

schmalts, I had tennis elbow and golfers elbow at the same time. One is the outside of the elbow and one the inside of the elbow. I went through hell with it. I also started using the other arm and ended up with the same in both arms. Hurt like a mother. Lived with it for over a year then went to a reflexologist (deep tissue massage) every week for about 4 months which also hurt like a mother. Bottom line, drink lots and lots of water and getr two oils to rub on it. lemon grass oil and peppermint oile. Use only a drop or two of each at a time and several times a day. I used zero medicine and both arms feel great now. The oils you can get in any herb store and are in small viles, but seemed to work well. I also wrapped my elbow in ice packs every night. One more thing, get a good elbow brace.

Pat- Don't get too reliant on those cort shots IMHO. Back when I was playing ball in college I (who hasn't) had a pretty decent knee injury. After surgery I wanted to get back on the team ASAP so I'd hit the weights & cycle, have my knee drained, and then top it off with a cort shot on a fairly consistant basis. Cortisone is useful in suppressing inflammation in the short term, and in the long term, will help dissolve scar tissue and speed the healing process.
The downside is that it does have a weakening effect on tendons if injected directly into them and can also soften cartilage when injected into a joint- the problem I now have at times with my knee (loose joint) even though the surgery was 25 years ago!

Yes, I have it in both shoulders from years of falling off chit! Try a 50% Mix of DMSO and alcohol. You should be able to get the DMSO at the Horse Supply Stores. It has some of the basic ingredients as WD-40, I have seen old folks spray WD on their knees to relieve their Pain. It is pretty scent free, you will taste a garlicy after taste. Don't worry all OLD PEOPLE get some aches and pains!!!!!!!!!!!! John
PS: Just mix what you need for each application.

DMSO is the way to go......been using it on horses for years, and on ourselves when it wasn't approved by the FDA yet....I hear tell it has been approved now, though.......leaves a nice fishy taste in your mouth, LOL

I got a bad case of it while I was a concrete finisher....running a straight edge and float across two lanes of new interstate all day long finally caught up to me one summer......I'll never forget that pain anytime soon....

DMSO? what is it? what is it used on horses for?
My biggest worry about this tennis elbow crap is my bow shooting may need to be cut back.

I suffer from tendonitis in both shoulders and left elbow at times. All I take for it is aspirin,then grin and bear it. I had cortisone shots for the left shoulder before and prefer to do without. The shots hurt like the dickens and did not help much. Exercising when it is well helps in the longrun for me. But I still get it back without warning and least expected. Getting older does not help.
Only time it really affects me is when I want to hunt with my compound bow. (Those are the days I am glad Ohio allows crossbows) It is also why I have a lower draw weight....might have to get a 80% let off though.:D

Can't do the Cortizone, I get Supartz (artificial Cartiledge) shots every 6 months. I use a brace and don't practice with the bow as much as I used to. Advil when the pain gets too bad but try to limit the excessive motion that causes the pain.

Well this last shot has done well so far. Did a lot of Fat azzed ATVing this weekend and feel no pain. Did some chain sawing too. We will see what Monday morning brings for pain.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back