Anybody thinking about Elk Yet?

Chambero,

Good luck on your plans...you will love the 300 wsm. I've got the Winchester Featherweight and it is some bad ass elk medicine. I have to wait on a couple of draws before I make my plans. I might end up in Colorado on a general tag if I don't hit NM or AZ.

Cheers
Roadtrip

ever sence the forest service guy found the sheds off the 7x8 bull i have watched for three years i have thought of nothing else.
he told me where he found them on the same ridge i chased him on.I went there sunday and found some 6x6 sheds that i think are from the bull we called the old gray bull. right where he said he found the 7x8.
i sure hope to draw that tag this year.i am sending in next weekend.

SOOOO
Like what else is there to think about???
besides hunting period???
Ever notice all of the favorites on the 'puter are huntin sites???

Rocky, If we get drawn, we will test our new Wall tents.. both of them. If not, then we will take stick and string and venture to the north rim for a week in September. No Elk, but some big deer if we can find them...

:cool:

I sure hope we get drawn for NM - 16A (first choice), 16B (second) and 15 for third choice. If not, I'm not sure what I'll do or where I will go.

I do have to put in for all the California special tags, too - desert bighorn, pronghorn and tule elk. Maybe this will be the year I get one of them.....

It's more like, Is anybody not thinking about elk hunting? It's just over 100 days away before the Idaho archery opener! We found some new country last year on our last hunt. I can't wait to get up there in July/August to scout.

bulldown

I cant quit thinking about elk. I was lucky and drew a Limited Entry Any Weapon tag for the Manti Unit here in Utah. The new state record typical come off this unit last year. There are a TON of elk up there with lots of bulls in the 370-380 range and a few even higher. September cant come soon enough!! Thankfully the scouting trips start here in a few weeks!!

THIS ELK FEVER IS KILLING ME!!!

Tuff

Back