Anybody out there have a hunting lease with Weyerhaeuser?

10scn

Just heard about the merger of Willamette Industries and WeyerhaeuserCompany. We have been leasing from Willamette for several years and were wondering if anybody out there was leasing from Weyerhaeuser and what the terms and price of the lease are?

Out here in Washington, Weyerheauser has a lot of property. Most of it is open to the public. Some areas where they have had a lot of vandalism they have an annual fee, about $60, and you check in and out. The fee is only if you take a vehicle in. You can walk in free, but it might be a long walk. They have always been pretty cooperative with sportsmen.
Good Luck, Ed

WAhunter........ Welcome to Moosies !!!!!!

Don't mind the BOSS, Most think he's silly.. HEY WAIT..... thats ME ;) :D :D

Welcome aboard bud !!!!!

Thanks for the info. We have been leasing right at 2900 acres from Willamette for several years. We have been hearing rumors that Weyerhaeuser puts their leases up to the highest bidder. Didn't know how true that was and wanted to see if anybody had any experience leasing from them.

There is some Weyerhauser around here. They put restrictions on hound hunting last year. Other than that I think they are fair and steady. I've never heard of them leasing to the highest bidder. We lease from I.P. and get constant threats on what they will do if we don't kill more does and get dues increases on a regular basis. Arkansas had a bad year this year and many people think its because we have taken too many does in the last couple of years. It will be interesting to see how that turns out.

Later,
DFA

Thanks for the greetings.
Kraven, I live in Tacoma. I usually hunt in Idaho or Montana, I don't have a lot of time and try to do the best I can with it.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back