Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

Anybody in Forestry/ Land Management out West?

jdf

Hi Guys,

Wondering if anybody is in Forestry or Land Management out West?
CO, WY, MT...etc...

I am in Land Management back home as Supervisor of Land Management crew taking care of public hunting ground..
Trying to learn of states out west that may have crews that do that kind of work, as my wife and I may be looking to move west...

Any info would be greatly appreciated...
I also run wild land fire crews back home so considering going into fire world too..
Wife is a teacher..

Thanks

This http://forestpolicypub.com/ is the only forestry related blog I read and it's more a discussion of current issues by retired US Forest Service folks but you might find it interesting, not the kind of place to look for a job but interesting reading of different perspectives on public land forestry issues in the Western US. Things are slow of late I believe Sharron the moderator is on summer break of some sort.

I can only speak to MT, I would check the State of Montana jobs website.

The two departments that would have any sort of land management components would be the DNRC or the FWP. For the DNRC, the eastern two-thirds of the state is more focused on Ag management and grazing, the western third would be more forestry oriented.

I would also check websites for the larger cities in Montana (Missoula, Billings, Helena, Kalispell, Bozeman, Great Falls). Some of them have foresters or at least parks programs( a form of land management).

If the state is the more appealing route, I would tell you to be willing to get your foot in the door by taking a position that is less than ideal or more basic than your dream job. Alot of people in land management want to work for the state, and get their foot in the door by seasonally fighting fire or taking field jobs.

Good luck!

I can only speak to MT, I would check the State of Montana jobs website.

The two departments that would have any sort of land management components would be the DNRC or the FWP. For the DNRC, the eastern two-thirds of the state is more focused on Ag management and grazing, the western third would be more forestry oriented.

I would also check websites for the larger cities in Montana (Missoula, Billings, Helena, Kalispell, Bozeman, Great Falls). Some of them have foresters or at least parks programs( a form of land management).

If the state is the more appealing route, I would tell you to be willing to get your foot in the door by taking a position that is less than ideal or more basic than your dream job. Alot of people in land management want to work for the state, and get their foot in the door by seasonally fighting fire or taking field jobs.

Good luck!

Nameless,
Thank you very much.. I have been looking at some jobs in Montana on there state sites..
I did same thing here by getting my foot in the door and then putting my time in to work my way up..

Guys. Anybody from around Casper Wyoming.
I was called today for interview there..
Would like to talk to someone from area..
I would appreciate it to talk to somebody.
Thank you

If you don't get any hits from Casperites pm Buzz, he's been around the state a bunch. I've been to Casper a few times. Could be better, could be worse.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back