Anybody familiar with the Leupold Freedom RDS BDC w/mount?

A207X2

I've been thinking of putting one of these on my Henry lever 45-70. My only problem with it is that it's built-in ballistics is for the .223 and they don't make custom dials for it like the CDS scopes.

Anybody use one, and if so what are your thoughts on it?

What do you mean by "built in ballistics for the .223"?

What do you mean by "built in ballistics for the .223"?
So if you're familiar with the Leupold CDS system, you can send them your caliber, bullet velocity, and bullet weight and they will send you a cap that goes on your scope. This cap is calibrated based on that input, so when you zero your scope at 100 yards, if you have a 400 yard shot, you simply dial in 4.0 on the CDS cap and set your crosshairs on your target. It automatically adjusts for the bullet drop. In the case of this red dot, you can only get it for .223, 55 grain, muzzle velocity of 3100 fps.

I just spoke with Leupold about this, and they said that it would be no problem putting this on the 45-70. Thank you again for thinking about that question.
Wasn’t sure if it would but you made the right call finding out. I had a Nikon one time that got rattled to nothing by a 300 win mag.

I have one, non BDS, on a 300 BO AR pistol, works good. I have a bit of astigmatism and the red dot isn't the clearest, more of a little square, but more than good enough for 200yd shots.

So if you're familiar with the Leupold CDS system, you can send them your caliber, bullet velocity, and bullet weight and they will send you a cap that goes on your scope. This cap is calibrated based on that input, so when you zero your scope at 100 yards, if you have a 400 yard shot, you simply dial in 4.0 on the CDS cap and set your crosshairs on your target. It automatically adjusts for the bullet drop. In the case of this red dot, you can only get it for .223, 55 grain, muzzle velocity of 3100 fps.
I’ve been wondering this same thing, after owning the Freedom RDS BDC have you been able to adjust it well at all on something other than a rifle chambered in .223? I’ve been considering putting one in my muzzleloader now that I’m required to use a 1X or red dot sight

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back