Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Anybody else feel like they just got kicked in the junk by a Wyoming pronghorn?

dannyb278

Point creep seemed unreal this year for Wyoming pronghorn. Unit 7 which up until just 2 years ago was a guaranteed draw with 2 points was up to 4, and 9, which I drew with 0.5 point just two years ago was up to 2! Was there a substantial reduction in tags due to the draught? Or does this just point to more applicants. Having a hard time wrapping my head around saving 5 points just to hunt in unit 7 in the future.

It was all pretty much expected as the tag numbers were released. It seems like it’s all I have heard on here for the past few months. Still sucks, but was expected to suck.
Ya. I'll admit i kind of kept myself off the forums and "in the dark" this season. Shouldn't have taken me by surprise, but it did. Plus, I was taking out a first time hunter and was hoping for the best.

Ya. I'll admit i kind of kept myself off the forums and "in the dark" this season. Shouldn't have taken me by surprise, but it did. Plus, I was taking out a first time hunter and was hoping for the best.
TBH, I drew that same tag in 2019 as my second choice and didn't draw it as my second in 2020 and drew my third that year. Based on all that, tag reduction and more apps, decided to burn my points in the special. Plus I think keeping anything more than 2-3 points for antelope is silly... But this might change in the future...

I am disappointed but not at all surprised.

Guess I'll try for a deer/antelope combo hunt in Wyoming next season.

Agree probably a bit of both. I applied for 2 doe tags as a long shot and didn't really expect to draw. I've come to grips with the fact that antelope hunting is now a once every 2-4 year thing now.

Agree probably a bit of both. I applied for 2 doe tags as a long shot and didn't really expect to draw. I've come to grips with the fact that antelope hunting is now a once every 2-4 year thing now.
That's a hard thing for me to come to grips with, but I agree.

As much fun as they are to hunt, I can't believe y'all are willing to drop $600+ on a pronghorn tag.
I can't believe the amount of $ people drop on crap like smokes, dip, booze and gambling. My addiction involves physical exercise and fresh air, I'm ok with that! 🤷‍♂️

As long as most think like you, it raises my odds of drawing tags.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
hotdeals
Back