Any thoughts on the Sako A7 Roughtech stainless, good value?

mummel

Barrel = 24.4"
Stainless finish
6.8lbs weight
4 rounds
Black synthetic stock

What do you folks think about this rifle? It offer good value? Or are there better buys for that price range? Thanks!

I saw them advertised for $799 at Sportsman’s, which is a good deal, not much more than a stainless T3X. I like Sako a lot, they make a sweet shooting rifle...

I was reading some reviews. Apparently they have ejection issues and some issue with the clips (that Sako will replace under warranty).

Anyone have any of these issues?

I absolutely do not need a .308, but that is a hell of a deal. I want one anyway.

So this is a steal or what? The tikka stainless with synthetic stock is the same price. How would these two compare? Why the excitement for the Sako over a Tikka.

For me personally, the safety on the Sako would be 100X better than the tikka, being able to unload and reload with the safety on.

So this is a steal or what? The tikka stainless with synthetic stock is the same price. How would these two compare? Why the excitement for the Sako over a Tikka.

For me personally, the safety on the Sako would be 100X better than the tikka, being able to unload and reload with the safety on.
I think it’s absolutely a steal, not that there’s anything wrong with Tikkas at all, they’re very similar to the A7. $699 for a very nice rifle that usually sells for $999 is a hell of a good deal.

Can anyone comment on the apparent ejection issues (jams, casings hitting the scope), and some reported issues with the magazines? Anyone have experience with this?

Here: http://www.fishnhunt.co.nz/forum/YaBB.cgi?num=1551684291/0

Comments like this are very discouraging....

Hi I Just brought one recently in 7mm Rem Mag and had the same issue , I found I had to swap to High Rings to fix the problem , the low rings I was using caused the Shell to hit the bottom of the scope and fall back into the chamber ..

Last edited:
I dont know guys. This video was from April 2020. These look like serious defects on Sako's part....

Last edited:
I just called Beretta USA in MD to inquire if this is a know issue. "Leave a voicemail". Yeah ok....

Doesnt appear they have any customer service.

I have an A7 with medium rings, never had an issue. Love the rifle, very accurate and yes the mags are expensive.
I have an A7 Tecomate, 300wsm. I really like the bolt throw and the trigger.

Back